Sonarworks Reference 4 room correction software

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
miyaru

Sonarworks Reference 4 room correction software

Post by miyaru » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:36 pm

This weekend I bought Sonarworks Reference 4 with the measurement mic package. It contains a serial for the software which has to be downloaded and of course the mic. The mic is sturdy, but comes without a mic clip or pouch of some kind. It is a omni mic, with back electret capsule. The mic has an unique number on it which corresponds with a calibration file on server of Sonarworks.

Installing the software is easy, and straightforward and is done in minutes. When you start the measerument process the sofware asks for the unique number on the mic and takes the calibration data in account when measuring. This is done on almost fourty points in listening room/space. After that is completed, you can name your calibration file and save it for later use.

There are three flavours of software in the package: the DAW pluging, Systemwide software and the measering software. The first is used in your DAW of choice, the second works when your DAW ain't active and the last - for measuring.

Verdict: it works very good, although treating a room first is preferable if possible. The only thing you have to remember is to disable the DAW pluging before rendering, otherwhise the correction is written in the remaining WAV/AIFF file. The sound is more focussed, tighter and better bass response. The stereo image is wider and more detailed.

https://www.sonarworks.com/reference
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason 12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Yamaha RM1x :mrgreen: