VST producers and torrenters

Discussion of anything not related to audio or music production
9     I     X     I     X     I     9

VST producers and torrenters

Post by 9     I     X     I     X     I     9 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:40 am

Post relevant, equipment discussion....

Looking at a £120 digital reverb and another £50 tool.

I wonder how much MORE money these software developers would make if they sold their products really cheap ... like £3.74.

Everyone would just buy.

Relevant: There are 3 online users here and 211 guests. I wonder what ratio of that 214 people are legit license holders.although for the daw itself it’s not quite the same.

9     I     X     I     X     I     9

Re: VST producers and torrenters

Post by 9     I     X     I     X     I     9 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:45 am

Second thought: maybe apply a second level license relevant to sales estimations...

PRS artists surely may be more inclined to purchase these commercial licenses and keep all above board

/////last thought. I know a lot of companies do try before you buy, but not all. You can walk into a music shop and try out hardware, find the right piece for you. I really think I’m laying something down here; for the user and the seller. Whatever though peace everyone, license holders and toe renters lol

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:46 am

9     I     X     I     X     I     9 wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:40 am
I wonder how much MORE money these software developers would make if they sold their products really cheap ... like £3.74.

Everyone would just buy.
I know right! What companies should be doing is releasing their software FULLY FUNCTIONAL and allow people to at least test it. Probably something like a "30 day trial" or something so one can even decide if it's worth the money. If only companies bothered to do such things

:roll:

miyaru

Post by miyaru » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:04 am

Really cheap? These people invest lots of time to develop software, they have to eat too, and pay for their house etc........

Sometimes it seems so easy to have a thought about it, but it takes lots of time and effort, never forget that. And you can buy some product cheap, only have to find them.

Many are tempted by illegal software, but if you want to make a living from music, you have to buy it in the end anyway.......
Greetings from Miyaru.

Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Saffire Pro40, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Korg R3, NI Massive, Air Hybrid 3, Rob Papen's Predator 2, Sonarworks Reference 4 and Scaler.