Anybody having troubles logging into their account on the main Ableton.com website?(solved)

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
Airyck

Anybody having troubles logging into their account on the main Ableton.com website?(solved)

Post by Airyck » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:01 pm

I'm setting up a different computer and tried to login this morning to download Ableton Live and packs. Couldn't login. Thought maybe I changed my password because it's been a while. Submitted password reset but I'm not getting any emails (spam folder checked) to reset my password and I can't login either.

Wanted to know if it's just me or a system wide issue.

edit:
It just started working for me after about an hour of trying...
Of course, the moment I post here it starts working :lol:
Last edited by Airyck on Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ableton Live 10 Suite / Push 2 / Max 8 /

Harmonic Progression

Re: Anybody having troubles logging into their account on the main Ableton.com website?

Post by Harmonic Progression » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:39 pm

Airyck wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:01 pm
I'm setting up a different computer and tried to login this morning to download Ableton Live and packs. Couldn't login. Thought maybe I changed my password because it's been a while. Submitted password reset but I'm not getting any emails (spam folder checked) to reset my password and I can't login either.

Wanted to know if it's just me or a system wide issue.

edit:
It just started working for me after about an hour of trying...
Of course, the moment I post here it starts working :lol:
But of course, that's how it always works! Glad you're back in business.
New computer?
Desktop: Intel i7 hex-core, 64 GB ram, several SSDs, Focusrite Liquid 56, UAD-2.
Laptop: Alienware Area 51: Intel i9, 32 GB RAM, several more SSDs, UAD Apollo Twin.
Software: Win 10, Cubase, Live+Push2, Maschine, and more.

Airyck

Re: Anybody having troubles logging into their account on the main Ableton.com website?

Post by Airyck » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:50 pm

Harmonic Progression wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:39 pm
But of course, that's how it always works! Glad you're back in business.
New computer?
Thanks!

Old computer actually.

I finally have a dedicated music space in my house and I was getting tired of moving my laptop around and hooking up everything when I wanted to work on music. I was going to buy a Mac mini for my new music space but then remembered I had an old 2011 27" iMac in my electronics room that I used to use for music production.

It's a quad core i5 2.7 ghz with 16gb's of RAM. I reinstalled the OS from scratch (High Sierra is the latest it will accept) and it actually can hold it's own pretty well. I loaded up a ton of instruments, reverbs, and samples to push it to it's limit.
With a Presonus Quantum 2 set to 64 samples (1.8ms output and 3.4ms round trip latency) I was only pushing 50% cpu with 8 tracks plus some sends running a cacophony of samples, instruments, and reverb.

Seems good enough to me so...
I just ordered an 1TB SSD kit for it and plan to swap the hard drive because the old mechanical one is getting a bit too slow after almost 9 years of use. Might as well get some more years out of this thing while I can :) Plus a $150 hard drive upgrade is much cheaper than a $1600 new Mac mini.
Ableton Live 10 Suite / Push 2 / Max 8 /