Magroove?

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
re:dream

Magroove?

Post by re:dream » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:17 pm

Is it a scam? I got an email from some dude calls himself Nick asking whether I want to join Magroove as an early access independent artist.

Very nice, but my day job is I'm an academic, and it smells exactly like a predatory journal: people who promise you space in a publication that turns out to have no cred.

Any advice?

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: Magroove?

Post by [jur] » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:29 pm

It's probably their "AI" trying to chat with you :P
Ableton Forum Moderator

TLW

Re: Magroove?

Post by TLW » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:44 pm

Magrove’s wabsite says nothing at all about who they are, what they do, where they”re based. Just links to facebook, g+ and spotify login pages - as in they ask for your facebook etc. login name and password. It asks “Let’s find some new songs?” and has a text entry box reading “give me a song yo”. That’s it.

Looking at their facebook page they have 452 followers and a bunch of posts concerning the very basics of recording - “what is a microphone” level stuff.

My suspicion is they might be trying to persuade the unwary to upload their music to magroove - but with no publishing or licensing agreements, nothing about royalties, no contract...... I might be wrong, but since they don’t say what they do or even who they are how can I tell?

Amateurs at best I think, dodgy at worst.
Live 10 Suite, 2020 27" iMac, 3.6 GHz i9, MacOS Catalina, RME UFX, assorted synths, guitars and stuff.