Anyone tried and /or bought Reason 11?

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
miyaru

Anyone tried and /or bought Reason 11?

Post by miyaru » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:35 am

Hi there all,

Just wondered if any of you out there on the forum already tried and/or bought Reason 11 yet. I tried it for three days and bought it yesterday evening. I must say impressive!!! The FX and instruments can be used in Live too - without rewire or so, just as vst plugins.

I like this open approach, as it gives the freedom to work the way you want it to.

I tried to get some stuff done in Reason, and I must say the learning curve ain't so steep as Live. It is all intuitive and self explaining so far. I like the mixer very much, it is modeled after a SSL desk, and the EQ sounds good on this one! Not that the EQ8 from Live does not sound good, don't misunderstand me! I bought the Reason 11 Suite, so I have access to all instruments and FX's, I could so as I had a license for Reason 4 once, and still have for that matter, so I could upgrade for € 249,=.

I don't jump over, Live and Reason are both going to be used from now on. I own Live 10 Suite with Push2, so that is neat too, and will be used too - be it with the Reason FX's rack plugin and/or the Instrument rack plugin or both stand alone with there own strength. Being able to use 28 new instruments now makes it hard not to sit in my homestudio and play untill the cows come home........ :D

I like to encourage everyone to try the full working demo, and see what it can do for you. You can even save your new work in Reason Demo Mode, only not open it, 'till you buy it - fair enough I think. You can use the racks in Live, and that can be saved and opened again!!!

Well as a matter of fact, I'm going to play again - it is to tempting.........
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason 12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Yamaha RM1x :mrgreen:

Stace30

Re: Anyone tried and /or bought Reason 11?

Post by Stace30 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:57 am

Yeah I was thinking of upgrading. I've still got Reason 4, I forgot all about it! After reading your post I think it's time to go onwards and upwards!! Cheers mukka :D
Live 10 Suite, M4L, MPC TOUCH - MPC software v2.7, Reason 4, Komplete 11, i7 Laptop, 12g Ram, Win 10, Adam A7's & Genelec 8010's - Joined Forum in 2006.