Audio Interface

Discussion of anything not related to audio or music production
aka.me

Audio Interface

Post by aka.me » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:41 am

Hi everyone,

Just a basic question about audio interfaces. Is there anything around $200 that you can recommend? I'm using Live 10 Suite on Windows 10. In terms of inputs I will probably only have a mic and a guitar plugged in most of the time. As for the rest, my knowledge is sparse. Years ago I was using a Focusrite Saffire 6 USB but it no longer works with my current laptop (a known compatibility issue with Windows drivers, I think).

I am doing research outside these forums but I thought I would ask you all for your specialized advice. Thank you!

jlgrimes

Re: Audio Interface

Post by jlgrimes » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:33 am

Scarlett 3rd gen are pretty good.

Shift Gorden

Post by Shift Gorden » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:43 pm

I echo (echo) the Scarlett range. Fantastic interfaces.

ShelLuser

Post by ShelLuser » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:14 pm

aka.me wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:41 am
Just a basic question about audio interfaces. Is there anything around $200 that you can recommend?
Too many possibilities IMO and a very important factor to consider is "what works for me doesn't have to work for you".

But for what's it worth I've grown very fond of my Komplete Audio 6 though that might be a little excessive in comparison to what you're planning to do. Still, the Audio 2 sells for around $140 and seems to be more fitted for your needs.
With kind regards,

Peter

Using the 'Power' Trio: Live 10 Suite (+ Push & Max 8 ), Reason 10 and Maschine Mk3 (+ the ultimate Komplete 12).
Blog: SynthFan (under heavy construction!)

aka.me

Post by aka.me » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:01 pm

jlgrimes wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:33 am
Scarlett 3rd gen are pretty good.
Shift Gorden wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:43 pm
I echo (echo) the Scarlett range. Fantastic interfaces.
Thanks, guys! I was a little wary of Focusrite after my experiences with the Saffire 6, but I went ahead and ordered the 3rd gen 4i4. Hopefully all works out.
ShelLuser wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:14 pm
Too many possibilities IMO and a very important factor to consider is "what works for me doesn't have to work for you".

But for what's it worth I've grown very fond of my Komplete Audio 6 though that might be a little excessive in comparison to what you're planning to do. Still, the Audio 2 sells for around $140 and seems to be more fitted for your needs.
Thanks, I did see those models in my research. I much prefer the look over the Scarlett series, but as the latter is more popular I figured it might be easier to find solutions for questions/problems I may come across as an amateur. Thanks again for your input.