Ableton Live Lite Serial Number Not Working

Discussion of anything not related to audio or music production
brodyblum

Ableton Live Lite Serial Number Not Working

Post by brodyblum » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:31 pm

Hey,
I just bought an Alesis V49, which said it came with Ableton Live Lite. I got it today and there was a card with the serial number for Lite in it. I entered the serial number into Ableton's website but it said the number was invalid. I did this multiple more times; I know I entered the number right. However, it still said the serial number was invalid. Also, when I opened Live Lite, it said that the number was invalid.

The only thing I can think of is that the serial number is for Live 9 Lite and since I downloaded Live 10 Lite, it won't work. If I download Live Lite 9 will it work? Is that Even Possible?

I'm running Windows 10.

The website I entered the serial was: https://www.ableton.com/en/account/add_license/

Tone Deft

Re: Ableton Live Lite Serial Number Not Working

Post by Tone Deft » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:57 pm

brodyblum wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:31 pm
The only thing I can think of is that the serial number is for Live 9 Lite and since I downloaded Live 10 Lite, it won't work. If I download Live Lite 9 will it work? Is that Even Possible?

The website I entered the serial was: https://www.ableton.com/en/account/add_license/
contact support. support@ableton.com

I don't think it would matter what you've already downloaded. looks like you enter a code then it would offer a download for whatever product the code is for. it's probably for Live 10 since that's been out for a while.

hth and you can play with it this weekend. :D
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

mavmav0

Re: Ableton Live Lite Serial Number Not Working

Post by mavmav0 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:09 pm

I don't know if you're still having problems. I managed to fix mine, after having the same problem as you. The 4 digit sequences have to have dashes "-" inbetween them. I used spaces at fiirst.