Ableton live 11

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
docbot

Re: Ableton live 11

Post by docbot » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:56 pm

agree, that they really need to step up their game a bit. They're market leaders, so they can afford to be a bit lazy/slow, but there really is no reason for ableton to go this long without improving itself (and there is enough that could need subtle improvements).

UltraByte

Post by UltraByte » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:25 am

what is also required and should be implemented before 11 even is a plugin hosting & crash protection system a la Bitwig. i stopped mixing / mastering songs in ableton and do it in (rock stable) Reaper as its just too much of a hassle. (especially projects you try to open in the morning after they worked without issue before. even made me pick up visual studio again to debug the crash dump files when this happens.. what a waste of time) I love drafting songs using the scene view though and although theres a 3rd party extension in reaper doing it similar its not the same thing, thus this part of the workflow binds me to Live/similar DAWs at leat for my own productions.
I assume i could switch to Bitwig for that part. Still hope Ableton finally adds a way to encapsulate plugins. Best way and compatible with old projects would be to add different ways (again as in Bitwig).
They really have to up their game. Only thing that holds Live in my workflow is me disliking Bitwigs business model.

TheCoil

Post by TheCoil » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:24 am

For all of us long-time devotees, it would be nice if there was some transparency from the company. All of the issues we have, I'm sure they're aware of, but we never know if they're working on them, if they're planning on getting to them, or if they never will. There's always speculation on whether they're rewriting the code from the ground up, or whether they're unable to truly fix problems like PDC because it would require a massive rewrite of the code, etc. Sometimes it just seems like we're toiling away in the dark with the program.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:01 pm

Last edited by Tone Deft on Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

jobinho

Post by jobinho » Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:46 pm

Live need optimisation, it's a hog compared to other DAWs

gatticakid

Post by gatticakid » Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:00 pm

Greetings,
Will Ableton 11 have separate automation lane for midi cc so we could midi map it to our external midi controllers ? I've only found an option for using the "draw in" method and it's less than ideal, especially when I'm trying to make my acoustic instrument samples sound like real instruments via expression and modulation.