All this unnecessary highlighting that slows you down.

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
dukeeastwood

All this unnecessary highlighting that slows you down.

Post by dukeeastwood » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:57 pm

how do you make everything in Ableton NOT highlight over and over again when you click on the loop selector just to get the play head at the beginning.. then not only is everything highlighted, it's DOUBLE highlighted... you ALWAYS have to double click just to deselect everything just to be able to keep working... why does it need to double highlight???? Why does it highlight at all... I don't need to highlight every last track in the project nearly as much as the makers of Ableton think I do... why can't clicking the loop parameter just put the play head at the start of the loop and NOT highlight everything?? That is a huge design flaw made 100X worse by the fact that you have to double click over and over to get rid of it... Ableton should have solved this by Live 3, how is this idiotic bullshit still part of this software?
Last edited by dukeeastwood on Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

dukeeastwood

!!!

Post by dukeeastwood » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:04 pm

how do you make everything in Ableton NOT highlight over and over again when you click on the loop selector just to get the play head at the beginning.. then not only is everything highlighted, it's DOUBLE highlighted... you ALWAYS have to double click just to deselect everything just to be able to keep working... why does it need to double highlight???? Why does it highlight at all... I don't need to highlight every last track in the project nearly as much as the makers of Ableton think I do... why can't clicking the loop parameter just put the play head at the start of the loop and NOT highlight everything?? That is a huge design flaw made 100X worse by the fact that you have to double click over and over to get rid of it... Ableton should have solved this by Live 3, how is this idiotic bullshit still part of this software?

S4racen

Re: All this unnecessary highlighting that slows you down.

Post by S4racen » Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:43 pm

Don't use it then. Go and do something positive for the world instead...

Cheers
D

dukeeastwood

Post by dukeeastwood » Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:44 pm

Would you care to explain why everything needs to be highlighted twice over as part of the workflow?

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:58 am

If you have a loop active in arrangement you can set the playhead to the start of the loop brace (without selecting everything in the loop) by clicking the start brace marker instead of the bar... the bar is DESIGNED to select all within the loop so you can quickly copy/duplicate sections of the timeline fast!

You can also deselect everything within the loop if you have it selected by just clicking anywhere outside the loop brace

I think the perception that things are "idiotic" are actually by design to catch out idiots :roll:

dukeeastwood

Post by dukeeastwood » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:01 am

jestermgee wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:58 am
If you have a loop active in arrangement you can set the playhead to the start of the loop brace (without selecting everything in the loop) by clicking the start brace marker instead of the bar... the bar is DESIGNED to select all within the loop so you can quickly copy/duplicate sections of the timeline fast!

You can also deselect everything within the loop if you have it selected by just clicking anywhere outside the loop brace

I think the perception that things are "idiotic" are actually by design to catch out idiots :roll:
the double highlighting is idiotic and inexcusable honestly, and that is a 100% fact... but i knew there had to be a way to only select the start... so i see i have to click on the teeny tiny arrow... ok, bad design but i'll work with that for now.

If you don't think this program is idiot explain why you can't display sharps instead of flats... or explain why the snapping is rock solid in the arrangement view and barely functioning in the clip view... see if you weren't so slow on the uptake yourself, maybe you'd notice a few more problems with the TENTH version of a software that still has a lot of problems... that's why this whole forums exists... RIIIIGHT?

[erm]
Site Admin

Post by [erm] » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:13 am

Hey guys, you're totally allowed to express your frustrations or ways you think the program could be better. But we absolutely do not tolerate name calling and insults here.

Take a second to familiarize yourself with the community guidelines at the top of each forum. If you can't follow those, you're not going to be allow to participate in the forums. This applies to both of you.
Ableton Forum Administrator

Stefan Jantschek

Post by Stefan Jantschek » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:11 pm

Let´s call it "penetrant preselections" which can not be deactivated.
Drives me sometimes crazy, too.
I think it is worth a discussion indeed.
Maybe not the way how it started here, please.

*S.