Record video with Game Bar

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
Sallz

Record video with Game Bar

Post by Sallz » Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:18 pm

Hi folks,

Windows 10, Ableton 10 user here - I tried to use microsoft's Game Bar to record a wee jam session. It recorded the video and audio with no issues, but the plugins don't appear in the video?? Just my mouse hovering over the middle of the screen bouncing up and down in time with the music!

Has anyone been able to record plugins within Game Bar, or is there any other good software I can use. I read the people using OBS also had the same problem with Ableton.

Many thanks and hope everyone is keeping well,
Stevie

Sallz

Re: Record video with Game Bar

Post by Sallz » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:25 pm

No-one makes videos recording their sessions in Ableton??

sou2

Post by sou2 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:17 pm

Any luck with that? I just wanted to do something similar and what a surprise there is no solution 8O

Tekhnoprana

Post by Tekhnoprana » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:25 pm

I'm trying this also! Couldn't get the plugins to appear :roll: as a matter of fact, I couldn't get to make to bar record the audio from the soundcard either...

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:24 am

Ditch the MS "Game Bar" wway of doing things, it's kind of rubbish. Just use something like OBS which I use and it works fine. Tho keep in mind it works with audio ONLY if you do not use an ASIO driver because ASIO is not a shared driver. This could result in latency issues and such tho so some experimentation will be needed.