Kudos to whoever you are in programming - TRACK SUBGROUPS

Discussion of anything not related to audio or music production
ontologist

Kudos to whoever you are in programming - TRACK SUBGROUPS

Post by ontologist » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:59 pm

I just am taking a moment to pause my Ableton work flow and give a huge

SHOUT OUT THANK YOU KUDOS YOU ROCK HELL YEAH

to the person or persons that designed and implemented track subgroupings into Live 10. I have been a huge proponent of groups since starting with Live 7 and now that I can have nested groups or subgroups or groups-within-groups or whatever it's termed my productivity and clarity in work design have skyrocketed.

When I first saw the sub-group feature I thought "that's cute, and useful, but having just one extra layer of groupings is just okay" -- but I was wrong, they knocked it out of the park with being able to sub-group indefinitely --- it seems that it's turtles all the way down. I imagine there is a limit of how deep nested groups can go, but I got bored of playing around to find out, so, yeah, that's enough layers!

So thank you, Live programmers -- that small but powerful feature is completely work the upgrade to 10 all by itself. I have always been in awe of the programming features of Live but this one is truly inspired.

miyaru

Re: Kudos to whoever you are in programming - TRACK SUBGROUPS

Post by miyaru » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:10 am

:D :D :D :D :D
Greetings from Miyaru.

Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, Live Suit 10, Push2, Reason Suite 11, Presonus Eris E8, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Korg R3, NI Massive, Rob Papen's Predator 2, Sonarworks Reference 4 and Scaler.