Can you remap basic keybinds on windows?

Discussion of anything not related to audio or music production
TGKawikachu

Can you remap basic keybinds on windows?

Post by TGKawikachu » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:38 am

Hoi there! Newbie here, and I'm currently trying to switch from Cubase to Live.

One thing that's really bugging me is that you can't change and assign new keybinds to basic commands like delete, cut, copy, etc. I know you can work around this on a mac, but I'm on windows :roll:. Is there any way that I don't know of to work around this in Ableton? If not, is there third party software that can help me with my issue?

I appreciate all replies. Thanks!

jestermgee

Re: Can you remap basic keybinds on windows?

Post by jestermgee » Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:36 am

Not sure on why you would want to remap common functions that are the same in all applications but if you really want custom control of applications, get yourself a dedicated programmable control device like a Logitech G13 keyboard or a stream deck if you want really flexible 1 touch automated control of things.

Otherwise, just print out the keyboard shortcut list and spend a few weeks learning the commands and your Cubase commands will be a distant memory.

TGKawikachu

Re: Can you remap basic keybinds on windows?

Post by TGKawikachu » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:38 pm

I'm just used to remapping simple commands like clear to something more accessible than delete. I was just wondering if it was possible to change functions like that. It doesn't seem to be, but I can adapt. Thanks for the reply!