Coach or Trainer for Melodic House / Progressive / Ambient

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
aidanhenry

Coach or Trainer for Melodic House / Progressive / Ambient

Post by aidanhenry » Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:36 am

Hi all,

This is my first time posting on forums, so I hope it's OK to post this topic here... Let me know otherwise!

I'm fairly new to Ableton Live (~3 months), but I've been chipping away about 2-3 hours a day, so I've come a fair ways in that time. My production is getting better, but obviously this is just the tip of the iceberg. I'm looking for a trainer/coach/mentor to help me with my production and music-writing. Specifically, I'm looking for somehow with a background and expertise with melodic house - ambient, organic, mellow, progressive sounds... My influences for production include Ben Bohmer, Nora En Pure, Kaskade (the mellow/deep stuff), Leaving Laurel, Chris Malinchak, Lane 8, and Rufus Du Sol to name a few.

I've searched the Certified Trainers list, but it's hard to gauge styles and expertise. I know that the best trainers can span genres and styles, but I'd really specifically like someone with a background in the melodic, progressive style. If not though, I may just go more general.

Thoughts or suggestions? Thank you.

-Aidan

Tuur

Re: Coach or Trainer for Melodic House / Progressive / Ambient

Post by Tuur » Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:24 am

Hi!

Maybe this is something for you. I really like their stuff...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkL_BZ ... a_OBi16hIw

Martijn-w

Re: Coach or Trainer for Melodic House / Progressive / Ambient

Post by Martijn-w » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:41 pm

Search for Yalcin Efe on youtube. He explains how to make tracks in the style of several artists like Ben Bohmer.