Clips keep restarting by themselves when a MIDI note is assigned to trigger them

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
Maddix

Clips keep restarting by themselves when a MIDI note is assigned to trigger them

Post by Maddix » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:38 am

Has anyone else dealt with this? If I have a MIDI note assigned to trigger a clip (audio or MIDI), the clip will trigger properly but then often restart by itself (sometimes twice) without any input from me after the first few beats. It doesn't matter how the clip is triggered, it can be by an assigned keyboard key, by clicking the play button on the clip, or by hitting the assigned MIDI note. This happens unpredictably, making live use completely impossible.

As soon as I remove the MIDI note assignment, the clip triggers normally every time without restarting itself.

Not using any hardware. MIDI input provided by vmpk (Virtual MIDI piano keyboard) only to set the MIDI trigger note for the clip. vmpk can be closed and the issue still happens. I have also tried hardware and other software to set the MIDI trigger note and the same thing occurs.

WTH??? Live is useless if my clips restart randomly!

S4racen

Re: Clips keep restarting by themselves when a MIDI note is assigned to trigger them

Post by S4racen » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:52 am

Expect the clip is starting on note on and then another trigger is sent on note off which is then delayed by the amount of your launch quantization.

Cheers
D