Uh, hello? This thing on? ~~>Who are your favorite comedians?

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
bjbr

Uh, hello? This thing on? ~~>Who are your favorite comedians?

Post by bjbr » Sat May 29, 2021 8:06 pm

Richard Pryor and Stewart Brand for me.

Grew up listening to Pryor, probably from too early of an age considering his material. My friend's mom even had a 'bootleg' video of him in some Louisiana(?) club. The one where he ate a booger first thing...I guess to just do the most repulsive thing he could think of maybe from being nervous.

Anyways, 'Omit the Logic' is a great biopic. His interviews with Dick Cavett, when he got sober at the end, are interesting for a variety of reasons. I dunno. Pretty much everything he does or did is just so confessional and a good mix of self-deprecating and poking holes in people's egos, like most 'good' comedy (to me). He's someone who has suffered greatly and that seems to sharpen people's senses about what's meaningful and seems to increase empathy, etc.

Stewart Brand, I started off with 'Carpet Remnant World' and just love how complex, intelligent and self-referential he is. More like a theatric monologue than standard 'stand-up comedy'? Many of his other, earlier, work's I haven't been able to get into.

Here he is discussing how judgmental and mean-spirited the internet can be:
https://youtu.be/78Puggk5MCA
But the whole thing is funny. Dated, sort of 'English' with a lot of cultural references that I didn't get. But...
Yeah, that's what I like. Comedy helps me deal with this world we live in and etc. Hope you've enjoyed this post.
Anyways, we'll see if anyone responds!

P.S.

Does comedy have a place in your music?

Ok, I've rattled on long enough... :D
Hope everyone is doing well. Ciao!<3

crshm

Re: Uh, hello? This thing on? ~~>Who are your favorite comedians?

Post by crshm » Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:18 am

Mitch Hedberg is my favorite comedian.
Gone too soon. R.I.P Mitch.

[erm]
Site Admin

Re: Uh, hello? This thing on? ~~>Who are your favorite comedians?

Post by [erm] » Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:42 am

We already told you in your other thread this is probably not the best place for these kinds of discussions. Please understand dwe are trying to keep the forums related to music at this time, there are other more appropriate places for comedy threads.
Ableton Forum Administrator