BaseHead Creator, Free Sample Manager

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
jestermgee

BaseHead Creator, Free Sample Manager

Post by jestermgee » Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:03 am

I've been using BaseHead Ultra for years to manage my field recording library. It's a metadata manager for sound files able to read/write detailed metadata into sound files, offer searching, editing and then instant export of selections direct into a DAW or workspace (either just drag-n-drop or direct spot to track) and there is now a free version that comes complete with thousands of sound effects streamed direct from the cloud. Hugely useful for anyone that does sound design or needs sounds for content creation etc. I use it to burn all the metadata for the sounds I record, location details, mic and equipment used, images direct into the sound file for archiving purposes and to search and build libraries quickly (tho creator is for browsing, not managing metadata)

Free version is based mostly around cloud based SFX (so sounds from the cloud) but you can drag in your own SFX to be searched too, just need the Ultra version still if you want to fully manage and create SFX libraries and edit metadata. Huge library of hundreds of packs of commercial sound effects you can also browse and purchase from within the browser too so super fast when you need a sound you just don't have. Worth a look if you are into TV/Movie/Game/Creator content design.

https://baseheadinc.com/index.php/creator/