Has anyone been able to authorize live on 3 computers?

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
Artcutech

Has anyone been able to authorize live on 3 computers?

Post by Artcutech » Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:20 pm

I’m getting a new M1 mac to test out for a couple months and already have live installed on my iMac Pro and current MBP, wanted to know if you guys think there might be a way (reaching out to support) to get a third authorization somehow? About to send an email but wanted to check and see if anyone in the past has had success asking for one?

chapelier fou

Re: Has anyone been able to authorize live on 3 computers?

Post by chapelier fou » Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:15 pm

Of course. Send them an email and you’ll be able to unlock it on your new computer.
MacBook Pro 13" Retina i7 2.8 GHz OS 10.13, L10.0.1, M4L.
MacStudio M1Max 32Go OS 12.3.1

Artcutech

Post by Artcutech » Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:39 pm

chapelier fou wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:15 pm
Of course. Send them an email and you’ll be able to unlock it on your new computer.

Nice! Thanks for the heads up!

kitekrazy

Post by kitekrazy » Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:35 pm

It's only for 2 computers.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:32 pm

Ableton is very flexible about given people with legitimate requests access to more unlocks if they need them.

pottering

Post by pottering » Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:56 am

You can go to this URL, it should show in the top if you still have unlocks left for the license.

https://www.ableton.com/account/request-unlocks

Needs to be logged-in and with correct license selected.
♥♥♥

Artcutech

Post by Artcutech » Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:42 pm

Thank you everyone for all the info!

Marcelo David

Post by Marcelo David » Fri Feb 25, 2022 12:37 am

were you able to do it? i have the same question

Artcutech

Post by Artcutech » Fri Feb 25, 2022 4:33 am

Marcelo David wrote:
Fri Feb 25, 2022 12:37 am
were you able to do it? i have the same question
Kinda, I sent the sales/licensing/activation side of support an email(ticket) explaining my situation, while waiting to hear back I made this thread and sure enough thanks to the heads up from pottering I noticed I had a couple unlocks left! A couple years back I was switching up some laptops and regular support was cool AF about it and threw me a few extra like no prob. So I was good and when support(licensing/activations) got back to me they said no! Wow huh? haha, they made it seem like no exception even for my scenario but they do offer half off for another license, and which in all reality is not bad, $325 to be able to activate 2 more computers I’m cool with and will prob do eventually but told them id think about it cause I actually had the unlocks I needed! Thanks again for the heads up pottering. I understand that the support(activation/licensing) department I reached out to has a job to do and it’s prob to sell as opposed to accommodate so it is what it is. Maybe I just got someone who was like nope, either way the answer to your question is

YES

the system will definitely let you activate more than 2 computers if you have the unlocks, technically you’re only supposed/allowed to activate 2 but there’s nothing except extra unlocks stopping you.

I think the best way to ask for more unlocks if you don’t have anymore is to download live on the computer you want to activate, open it up, request to authorizee via Ableton.com when it opens up, then the “you have no more activations will trigger” and take you to a specific page to explain why you need more. I believe whoever gets those requests is much more understanding of situations than the sales/licensing/activations support page, and as long as you seem to have a good reason should be good to go.

Marcelo David

Post by Marcelo David » Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:59 pm

Thanks for the info!