FAWM - February Album Writing Month

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
looprication

FAWM - February Album Writing Month

Post by looprication » Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:33 am

Hey All,

This is my yearly plug for one of my favorite production tools, fawm.org. FAWM = February Album Writing Month - it's a (free) site/community of all kinds of musicians where people from all over the world (literally) get together online to try to write 14 songs in 28 days. It's a super positive community, a rare thing on the innernets these days :?

I'd only ever finished like a handful of tracks before I did it for the first time back in 2009, and since then I've participated like 10 times and have written over 150 tracks in the month of February as a result. I've collaborated online with people all over the US (I'm in the US) and many other countries including UK, Norway, France, New Zealand, Netherlands, and Canada.

I've had people respond to this saying it can't be done, or it can't be done well, but what's the worst thing that could happen? You spend time writing music, posting it, meeting like-minded people and getting feedback?

Anyway, as you probably figured out, it starts on February 1 and ends on the 28th, and you can start at any time. Songs should be written during February though, that's the spirit of the thing. If you sign up, hit me up on my wall, would love to hear your progress!

Cheers,

-ix
My site
February Album Writing Month stuff
Mac Mini 2020 (M1 / Big Sur)
Focusrite 18i20 / Roland A-37 / Oxygen 8 v2 / MidiSport 4x4
Live 11.1 (Rosetta) 11.2 (silicon) / NI Komplete 12 / Reason 12
Lotsa modular stuff
Moog Matriarch