Lost Technology now crashes Live

Martyn

Lost Technology now crashes Live

Post by Martyn » Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:25 pm

Been using this plugin for years now, it's usually somewhere in most of my tunes, unfortunately it now crashes Live instantly I try and place an instance on an audio channel. Consequently almost none of my tunes will now open unless I delete LostTech.dll from the plugins folder.

I've sent bug reports but would be interested to know if anyone else experiences this.

Amaury

Re: Lost Technology now crashes Live

Post by Amaury » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:59 am

Martyn wrote:Been using this plugin for years now, it's usually somewhere in most of my tunes, unfortunately it now crashes Live instantly I try and place an instance on an audio channel. Consequently almost none of my tunes will now open unless I delete LostTech.dll from the plugins folder.

I've sent bug reports but would be interested to know if anyone else experiences this.
Hello,

Is this new with this beta? If not, with which version did it stop working?

If you didn't yet, you should write a mail to support@ableton.com with details about the plugin and which version broke support for it.

Kind regards,
Amaury
Ableton Product Team

Martyn

Post by Martyn » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:23 pm

Hmm, just tried this in 8.2.0 which also seems to crash when trying to load an instance of LostTech.dll.

I did use this plugin in the last tune I did which admittedly was a fair while ago as I rarely find the time or inspiration for music these days, it's only a few months ago though.

Lost Technology works fine in Reaper and has been working perfectly for me in Live for years, what a shame.

(Edit) Just installed Live 8.1.5 and Lost Technology runs perfectly, so it's fair to assume that 8.2.0 was the version that broke it.

I hope you guys can fix this, I do love this plugin.

Martyn

Post by Martyn » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:51 am

Same behavior in 8.2.2b2.

Works fine in every other host I can try or demo, I can even shell it in M4L albeit without the ability to automate anything.