assigning multiple midi notes to a button

auron

assigning multiple midi notes to a button

Post by auron » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:06 pm

when I was programming my midi foot pedal at some point multiple notes were assigned to one button.

great new feature, but I don't know how I did it since it was unintentional and when I deleted the mapping I couldn't do it again.

what is the command? for example two different midi notes were assigned to one looper pedal button.

ap

Per Boysen

Re: assigning multiple midi notes to a button

Post by Per Boysen » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:16 am

I doubt being able to assign multiple MIDI events to the same function is a new feature, because I just did that in 8.2.2. But I agree it is awesome! In fact one reason I prefer Live rather than some other hosts on the market.
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
http://www.perboysen.com

auron

Post by auron » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:29 am

what is the command? I still haven't been able to do it again.

For example, if I want to assign multiple midi notes to the same looper button. When you go to map the additional note the old one gets replaced.

Per Boysen

Post by Per Boysen » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:05 am

Hi auron,
When I checked now I wasn't able to do it. My overworked brain must have confused it with assigning multiple functions to the same MIDI event - which I do a lot in Live. However, in Bidule, Mobius and Mainstage I actually do some assigning of multiple MIDI events to the same target function in the software. Sorry about the confusion. You're right, Live just replaces the old binding rather than creates a new binding.
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
http://www.perboysen.com