64 bit Native Support - Ableton Unable To?

dusnd

Re: 64 bit Native Support - Ableton Unable To?

Post by dusnd » Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:31 pm

I'm using Cubase74bit for any large multitrack session work, especially for anything above 44.1k.
Hopefully Ableton addresses this soon, I'd prefer to be able to use Live all the time, for any type of daw project.

loydb

Post by loydb » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:59 pm

dusnd wrote:I'm using Cubase74bit for any large multitrack session work, especially for anything above 44.1k.
Hopefully Ableton addresses this soon, I'd prefer to be able to use Live all the time, for any type of daw project.
Interesting point. I need 64-bit to load up a large composing template -- I hadn't even considered how much it would be needed if I wanted to go to higher-rate sampling beyond 44.1. I'm still at the "want to punch Cubase because I can't figure out my workflow" phase, but at least it doesn't crash when I load a half-dozen East-West VSTs.
MFOS Ultimate Expand-o-tron Build Log: http://www.electro-music.com/forum/view ... 797#308797
MFOS Mini-Controller Build Log [FINISHED!]: http://www.electro-music.com/forum/view ... hp?t=42968

deejoe

Post by deejoe » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:05 pm

I have so much projects that takes me double time cause I can't use my full 16 GB Ram...
so simply I demo the new Presonus Studio One Pro2 and I loved it...big time!!!! and it's all built on 64bit.
so bye bye Ableton...you just lost another customer...I waited long enough...no more waiting!

thumpmonk

Post by thumpmonk » Tue May 15, 2012 3:42 pm

Fact: Ableton needs to hurry up with the 64-bit app.
Fact: Very few people are going to LEAVE FOR ANOTHER HOST. Its an idle threat.

Yes, I want to tear my hair out every time Live runs out of memory or can't support that extra instance of Kontakt I need. But I also don't get what I need form Cubase, Logic, Pro Tools or frankly any other DAW. I'll wait. I'll fume and bitch and moan and pound my desk every time Live takes a dump.

But I'll wait. Its the program I make my living with and I will just have to wait. Mostly anyone I know who uses it (and I know quite a few others making a living with it) are not going to pretend to storm out of the room because other DAWS are so enticing. Dear Ableton, please hurry the hell up because we all know most of us aren't going anywhere DAW-wise. We're just waiting. Yes, Ableton, you look kinda sad not having your 64-bit pants on yet. Its a huge embarrassment. Nonetheless, I'm sticking with you. Please put your pants on so I can go back to bragging about you. And all of you THREATENING to move to another platform, go ahead. You'll be back.
Thumps
---------------
MacPro5,1
2X 2.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
8 Core
8 GB RAM
Hot and cold running water
Rear spoiler

Lumix

Post by Lumix » Tue May 15, 2012 4:55 pm

remute99 wrote:
maaz-eke wrote: Still. What I'm saying is Ableton Live is good enough to HARD work even with only having 32bit version and 64bit is just for peace of mind.
:roll: Hear that everyone - *his* system is fine with 32bit therefore everyone else with problems must be doin' it wrong.
load up some omnispheres, nexus, atmospheres - and lots of big effect plugins - its essential for some genres to use them.

im not talking about doing stuff live but lots of producers using live to produce EDM stuff which has lots of channels with lots of plugins in use. and this 3+Gb limit is really fast reached ...
The Davile Insaide Teh Mashihne.

clive_damagedgoods

Post by clive_damagedgoods » Mon May 21, 2012 3:10 am

@dokx
Yeah yeah yeah we read your reply and we read it again. It wasn't clever the first time but reposting it over and over in response to valid customer concerns is just plain rude. Did your mummy never tell you 'if you don't have anything of value to say, say nothing and listen'?

The fact is that a lot of us are getting pretty sick of all this silence and secrecy. No feedback, no information, no questions, no answers. Nothing. At this point even photocopied pages from "Hello" magazine would be an improvement. No one knows if they've even started on Live 9 or 64bit native support. They could have been playing Mario Kart this whole time and NO ONE WOULD KNOW!

But yeah who cares, right? We can always buy and use another DAW, right? What's the big deal, right?

You complete tard.

doom_Oo7

Post by doom_Oo7 » Mon May 21, 2012 7:03 am

clive_damagedgoods wrote:@dokx
Yeah yeah yeah we read your reply and we read it again. It wasn't clever the first time but reposting it over and over in response to valid customer concerns is just plain rude. Did your mummy never tell you 'if you don't have anything of value to say, say nothing and listen'?

The fact is that a lot of us are getting pretty sick of all this silence and secrecy. No feedback, no information, no questions, no answers. Nothing. At this point even photocopied pages from "Hello" magazine would be an improvement. No one knows if they've even started on Live 9 or 64bit native support. They could have been playing Mario Kart this whole time and NO ONE WOULD KNOW!

But yeah who cares, right? We can always buy and use another DAW, right? What's the big deal, right?

You complete tard.
There is a post where Ableton_David stated they were "hard working" on live 9 IIRC.
edit : precisely, here :
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=176757
CarlSeleborg wrote:A lot of us would just love to tell you guys about Live 9, because it will be a kick-ass release.
Ossia Score, an OSC sequencer for intermedia arts - http://www.ossia.io

JBlongz

Post by JBlongz » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:26 pm

Try JBridge.

Or if you have some spare cash VE Pro: http://youtu.be/eTHFLHosD-Y
rMBP Quad 2.8GHz, 16GB, 1TB SSD | UAD Apollo 8
JBlongz YouTube

old_man0

Post by old_man0 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:21 am

So would it be possible to have live as 64bit native with backwards compatibility for 32bit vst's?
Anything else works that way in the meanwhile... .
-.-

jweisbin

Post by jweisbin » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:35 am

If we can't have 64-bit Live (and I understand how complex that project must be), could we at least have 64-bit Rewire, or some sort of bridge between 64-bit Rewire and Live running in 32-bit? That would be sublime. Reason now does 64-bit rewire, and it's fantastic used with Logic running 64 bit.

Lumix

Post by Lumix » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:03 pm

i would have no problem with something like a brigde for x64 plugins/vst3.
i think most of us using lots of 3rd party plugins - like waves, sylenth1, kontakt, omnisphere, etc which using lots of ram.
or split it up - make a live producing only program and for the live stage usage/podcasts the normal version we are running now.

maaz-eke

Post by maaz-eke » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:11 pm

Lumix wrote:...split it up - make a live producing only program and for the live stage usage/podcasts the normal version we are running now.
yep (+1)
and I do believe it is question of time and Ableton-Live will split as You said

it is better to split program by Ableton-team
than Ableton-team split and program get stolen by renegades !

;)

Lumix

Post by Lumix » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:52 pm

maaz-eke wrote:
Lumix wrote:...split it up - make a live producing only program and for the live stage usage/podcasts the normal version we are running now.
yep (+1)
and I do believe it is question of time and Ableton-Live will split as You said

it is better to split program by Ableton-team
than Ableton-team split and program get stolen by renegades !

;)
:mrgreen: well ive seen bitwig now - cos the first beta preview on youtube is up. i still hope that this is a joke and this ableton 9.
well i fixed the Omnisphere problem when using lots of omnisphere in ableton. so atm x32 of ableton works.
next question is - how many version of version 8 they will bring us?! until 8.9.9? in the year 2015 or what?

cids

Post by cids » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:49 pm

64 bit is coming... look at the filename for the b2 beta... ableton_live_831b2_32.dmg...
Mac Studio M2 Max and MacBook Pro M1

Genelec M030; Live 11.3.x and Live 12; macOS Sonoma

UAD Apollo Twin

Ableton Push 2

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:42 pm

cids wrote:64 bit is coming... look at the filename for the b2 beta... ableton_live_831b2_32.dmg...
8O
verrryy eeeeeenteresting !

the windows one is similar.