Why is ableton working on yet another beta that is 32bit?

cotdagoo

Re: Why is ableton working on yet another beta that is 32bit?

Post by cotdagoo » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:53 am

Dankk wrote:lol.. ppl STILL wanting 64bit in ableton while I am sitting happily in my 64bit Cubase DAW.. Fuck off ableton. :) lol idiots.... Oh yea.. "give us our 32bit fixes.. let us 32bit trolls have our way.... whine whine whine.. waaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.. lmmfao..... Yay! another update to a dead DAW! hahahahahaha When they FINALLY get with the program (64bit).. then we will see about going back... (will definitely pirate by this point) until then,... you are ALL trolls clinging to your coconuts on an island... Reply all you want.. I have no need to be here.. Jes wanted to troll something that was super easy.... hahaha idiots....
Say hi to everyone back at the island..

ollyb303

Post by ollyb303 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:35 pm

Dankk wrote:lol.. ppl STILL wanting 64bit in ableton while I am sitting happily in my 64bit Cubase DAW.. Fuck off ableton. :) lol idiots.... Oh yea.. "give us our 32bit fixes.. let us 32bit trolls have our way.... whine whine whine.. waaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.. lmmfao..... Yay! another update to a dead DAW! hahahahahaha When they FINALLY get with the program (64bit).. then we will see about going back... (will definitely pirate by this point) until then,... you are ALL trolls clinging to your coconuts on an island... Reply all you want.. I have no need to be here.. Jes wanted to troll something that was super easy.... hahaha idiots....
So now you're posting on a software company's official forum saying you're going to steal software from said company???

Wow. Is there no end to your stupidity?
.:O:B:1:.
ob1techno.com

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:44 pm

^ nope, just a pause.

Dankk wrote:When they FINALLY get with the program (64bit).. then we will see about going back...
:roll: if it's so god awful why come back? why not just stay gone? after all deadmau5 is using Cubase and that really matters.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:06 pm

after all deadmau5 is using Cubase and that really matters
Sorry, it cracks me up.

It must not occur to some that many produce in one DAW and play live w/ another.
Last edited by regretfullySaid on Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:19 pm

i imagine deadmau5 like some kind of pied piper... playing beats as he toodles through town with a bunch of club rats following.

i'd have more respect if he switched to Audacity and kept making tunes... but i doubt that many would switch their DAW then... although 6 months later every new EDM producer on the planet will have a copy of Audacity and a question about compression.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:29 pm

Yup. I saw it when Burial blew up and everybody had his record behind their computers.
All of the sudden Soundforge was an amazing DAW:p

And nothing wrong with either of them; Deadmau5 seems like a cool guy, he spends some time talking to fans and being himself, same with Skrillex. Sure it's fine to be a noob and copy your "idols" but after awhile it gets :roll:
Hilarious though. "Better watch yo back Ableton, Deadmau5 switched to Cubase!" :lol:
As if more than half weren't downloading cracks anyway...and that doesn't matter, because most of them aren't going to get anywhere anyway. It's just another little hobby a kid gets into for awhile, then moves on.
ImageImage

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:07 pm

^ oh agreed agreed agreed. the cracked software market really isn't Ableton's target demographic.

my pied piper reference was not a dig at deadmau5. it was a dig at the dance rats blindly following.

and yeah, i use Live rewired into Cubase... so what does that mean? :? i'm not sure, but i paid for both of them...

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:55 pm

Yeah I gotchya. It's not like it's a new thing though; just more...broadcast.

It's kind of funny though, how much Live has influenced other classic DAWS in the past 4 or 5 years, and now Live is the one that's running behind:/ The code not being so future-proof is the main culprit, right?
Imagine how long it would take to tear a house down just to change the foundation, then you have to rebuild the house + make additions and also make sure it's "structured" for future additions beyond that...
That shit doesn't happen overnight!

You know this, but for those who need to get a sense of perspective, but even if 9 came out as mindblowing, there's going to be a ton of complaints about something.

Now it's a case of not just getting up to par, but passing that to innovativeness. And now one of the OS's it runs on is going through a major update; so now they have to wait until it comes out, but god knows how long 8 might take to be stable....Apple doing yearly updates....there's not a chance for rest...so hopefully, they're forgetting about the innovative part and just getting up to par and the FR's that have been request for 5+ years.

Well, throw in an Impulse Response processor for good measure:p

I've started thinking Bitwig was more of a social experiment.
ImageImage