Why is ableton working on yet another beta that is 32bit?

Dankk

Re: Why is ableton working on yet another beta that is 32bit?

Post by Dankk » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:20 am

olly, I dont care if you are the pope. What does your credentials have to do with ableton going 64-bit? Your a joke. lol what an idiot. Just because YOU dont have a need for it (obviously because you dont write complex enough music to warrant 64-bit) has EXACTLY nothing to do with anything I am talking about. And if 64bit isnt so important, how come every other DAW that is worth ANYTHING has already done so?

Close your mouth son, you look like a trout.

Talk about a NEWB. idiot.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:54 am

Dankk wrote:olly, I dont care if you are the pope. What does your credentials have to do with ableton going 64-bit? Your a joke. lol what an idiot. Just because YOU dont have a need for it (obviously because you dont write complex enough music to warrant 64-bit) has EXACTLY nothing to do with anything I am talking about. And if 64bit isnt so important, how come every other DAW that is worth ANYTHING has already done so?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEkWH8DB7b0

You really need to stop before you drown yourself in your own excrement.
I almost died laughing reading your reply here.

There are plenty reasons to want 64 bit but you haven't named one.
My guess is you don't actually know, that you think it will double the amount of CPU you can use. :lol:
Google is cheating here, but you'll probably go searching, doesn't take away from the fact that you let yourself get worked up over someone saying they didn't care about 64 bit and proceeded to make yourself look like an ass. I seriously doubt you're doing the kind of music that benefits the most from 64 OS's and that's very definitely classical music.

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:22 am

The only people I can think of who would benefit in any real way right now are classical and film composers who want to mock up their orchestral scores in a DAW using huge sample libraries.

Needless to say the guy who started this thread doesn't exactly come off as the type of person who would be doing anything like that.

But who knows, maybe there are immature jack asses in even the most sophisticated fields of art.
Unsound Designer

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:38 am

stringtapper wrote:The only people I can think of who would benefit in any real way right now are classical and film composers who want to mock up their orchestral scores in a DAW using huge sample libraries.

Needless to say the guy who started this thread doesn't exactly come off as the type of person who would be doing anything like that.

But who knows, maybe there are immature jack asses in even the most sophisticated fields of art.
werd!

Yeah huge sample libraries are the main advantage.

my favorite artists usually fall into one of two categories: rational intelligent people who you would love to have over to your your house etc. or batshit crazy socially awkward emotional cripples who somehow manage make
me entertained.

Muzik 4 Machines

Post by Muzik 4 Machines » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:59 am

stringtapper wrote:The only people I can think of who would benefit in any real way right now are classical and film composers who want to mock up their orchestral scores in a DAW using huge sample libraries.

and people like me with a 288 song live set with sample loops and different sampler instruments and drumkits for every one of those songs, but i guess i'm in the batshit crazy dept lol

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:32 am

Muzik 4 Machines wrote:
stringtapper wrote: and people like me with a 288 song live set with sample loops and different sampler instruments and drumkits for every one of those songs, but i guess i'm in the batshit crazy dept lol
This was the reason I used Kore. Live has issues with 13+ instruments loaded. Even if it was 64 bit, that won't solve the problem of loading multiple soft synths to use in a live environment. The workaround to getting Live to turn off soft instruments you're not using in the same Live Set is far from elegant. IMO the least intuitive and worst part of Live in terms of live sets.

Do I have to ask why you would want 288 songs in a single Set? Are they all 30 seconds long? Seriously, I could see the 30 that you're currently touring behind, unless you're mashing up a DJ set and adding to the songs.

ollyb303

Post by ollyb303 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:13 am

Dankk wrote:olly, I dont care if you are the pope. What does your credentials have to do with ableton going 64-bit? Your a joke. lol what an idiot. Just because YOU dont have a need for it (obviously because you dont write complex enough music to warrant 64-bit) has EXACTLY nothing to do with anything I am talking about. And if 64bit isnt so important, how come every other DAW that is worth ANYTHING has already done so?

Is that the best you've got? Keep it coming lad, this is fucking hilarious.
.:O:B:1:.
ob1techno.com

Muzik 4 Machines

Post by Muzik 4 Machines » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:23 am

Machinesworking wrote:
Muzik 4 Machines wrote:
stringtapper wrote: and people like me with a 288 song live set with sample loops and different sampler instruments and drumkits for every one of those songs, but i guess i'm in the batshit crazy dept lol
This was the reason I used Kore. Live has issues with 13+ instruments loaded. Even if it was 64 bit, that won't solve the problem of loading multiple soft synths to use in a live environment. The workaround to getting Live to turn off soft instruments you're not using in the same Live Set is far from elegant. IMO the least intuitive and worst part of Live in terms of live sets.

Do I have to ask why you would want 288 songs in a single Set? Are they all 30 seconds long? Seriously, I could see the 30 that you're currently touring behind, unless you're mashing up a DJ set and adding to the songs.
i like to be able to play any song any time, i never have set lists, i go with the flow and sometimes a song (pattern) will only be used 30 sec, but the next time i might jam on it for 5 minutes, i'm just used to have everything available like it was on my electribes

loydb

Post by loydb » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:20 pm

I want 64-bit because I got tired of clicking "load anyway" when trying load my composition template. And that's only with a half-dozen big VSTs loaded. That's why I'm using Cubase now. I much prefer Live's workflow, but I have 16 gigs on my music machine for a reason.
MFOS Ultimate Expand-o-tron Build Log: http://www.electro-music.com/forum/view ... 797#308797
MFOS Mini-Controller Build Log [FINISHED!]: http://www.electro-music.com/forum/view ... hp?t=42968

Xamans

Post by Xamans » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:16 pm

I think you all should be doing buzz to get a 64bit of the software, I stopped producing music pretty much for the same reason, i got tired of not being able to load all samples at once but having to do 3, or 4 different projects, it sucked, and I didnt want to start learning another piece of shit of software to get tracks migrated, not all of us have time.

Now, about the fight, it's funny, however I think that those who don't get quickly that the OP must do music with big badass samples are just a bunch of retarted people who live in a bubble of merchandising and defending god knows what because you will probably struggle for the same thing eventually.

Also, I laugh so much when people drag credentials to forums thinking that will proove their point, that's just LAME, LAME; LAME; keep doing it, you look great.

ollyb303

Post by ollyb303 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:53 pm

Nice try.
ob1techno.com

Thalamus

Post by Thalamus » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:08 am

I just want 64 bit so I can rewire the sucker into other 64 bit DAWs.
<> Peace <>

Dankk

Post by Dankk » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:28 pm

Machinesworking wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEkWH8DB7b0

You really need to stop before you drown yourself in your own excrement.
I almost died laughing reading your reply here.

There are plenty reasons to want 64 bit but you haven't named one.
My guess is you don't actually know, that you think it will double the amount of CPU you can use. :lol:
Google is cheating here, but you'll probably go searching, doesn't take away from the fact that you let yourself get worked up over someone saying they didn't care about 64 bit and proceeded to make yourself look like an ass. I seriously doubt you're doing the kind of music that benefits the most from 64 OS's and that's very definitely classical music.

Actually, Machinesworking, you nailed it as the reason why I want 64-bit from ableton. PM sent. And honestly, since this is a forum that users of ableton frequesnt, I really didnt think the reason was needed. I was giving the people here the benefit of the doubt seeing as 64bit DAWs have been around for quite some time. I see now that my assumption in thinking people here would know the benefits of 64bit architecture was incorrect.

Olly isnt worth dealing with anymore... The original post wasnt really for the members here, rather, it was for the devs working for ableton. I didnt realize so many trolls would latch on.

ollyb303

Post by ollyb303 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:10 pm

Wow. Someone's touchy. I simply tried to answer your original question with what I thought was a reasonable answer: that ableton consider critical bug fixes to be more critical than 64 bit support, adding that this is what I, as a user would rather see. Then you started to insult me. Fair play dickhead.
ob1techno.com

Dankk

Post by Dankk » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:02 pm

And I quote: "I couldn't give a fuck about 64bit right now to be honest."

That's your idea of a reasonable answer? Awesome. You, sir, are a troll in denial. My entire post was based on my wanting them to stop working on 32bit fixes when 64bit is more important in my opinion. Who says they dont give a "fuck" about a persons post and turn around and say it was a "reasonable" reply? Furthermore, later to say that the OP started it? Not only are you incorrect in that statement, that is something a five year old would say. This is why you aren't worth any more of my time. Troll.