Nexus 2 and Live 8.2.8b2 [SOLVED]

djpad

Nexus 2 and Live 8.2.8b2 [SOLVED]

Post by djpad » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:58 pm

Hi there,
I've bought Nexus 2 and installed the last update (2.3.2) on my macbook pro (Mac OS X 10.7.2). When I put an instance of the plugin (VST or AU) the result is that :
and after a few seconds Live crash
I've mailed the support of Ableton and reFX (they planned a remote-desktop session tomorrow), but I want know if I am the only one in this annoying case (in fact I don't know if it is a problem of Nexus or Live)
The only potential solution I've thought for now of was to force rescanning of plugins which has not resolve the problem.
Last edited by djpad on Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

djpad

Re: Nexus 2 and Live 8.2.8b2

Post by djpad » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:04 pm

I'm back from a remote-desktop session done by reFX support and they found the problem. I don't know why when I've change my hard drive I reformatted my main partition in a case-sensitive one :x . This cause nexus to not be able to find the default Skin (just a quick rename of the file in the plugins all was solved)
So maybe it'll help some one (anyway they'll fix that in the next release :mrgreen: )

Tiesto066

Re: Nexus 2 and Live 8.2.8b2 [SOLVED]

Post by Tiesto066 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:41 am

Hey Mate,just wondering how u fixed the problem exactly,I think I have the same problem as you but my difference is it crashes Ableton and the nexus icon only appears in Audio Units.

djpad

Re: Nexus 2 and Live 8.2.8b2 [SOLVED]

Post by djpad » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:20 am

First of all I suppose you have a legit version of Nexus and Live in other case I can't help you
Tiesto066 wrote:Hey Mate,just wondering how u fixed the problem exactly
If I remember, I did something like that in the terminal (it's a bit tricky)

Code: Select all

#sudo mv /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Nexus.component/Contents/Resources/White_3_nsk /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Nexus.component/Contents/Resources/white_3_nsk
It'll ask your password and fix the case but as I said in my previous post i has been fixed since that. If it don't solve your problem don't hesitate to contact reFX support they will answer you quickly