so uh. you claim to have soundcloud support, and..

friend_kami

so uh. you claim to have soundcloud support, and..

Post by friend_kami » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:59 pm

for once i decided that it would save me time and actually use it since i had a friend waiting for a preview of something she's supposed to write lyrics too.

turns out, i don't have that feature, running the latest 8.3 beta.
checking the faq page it claims that you need osx. is that so?

cotdagoo

Re: so uh. you claim to have soundcloud support, and..

Post by cotdagoo » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:47 pm

:roll:

Live 8 Release Notes
8.3 Release Notes

Improvements and feature changes:

A new "Upload to SoundCloud" option is available in the Export Audio/Video dialog. When enabled, Live will open an upload client after the file has been rendered to disk, so you can upload the rendered file directly to your SoundCloud account.

Wasn't in the beta.. no idea where you saw it was.. so uh..

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:58 pm

you have to have a 64 bit soundcloud account for that feature to work.

friend_kami

Post by friend_kami » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:39 pm

cotdagoo wrote::roll:

Live 8 Release Notes
8.3 Release Notes

Improvements and feature changes:

A new "Upload to SoundCloud" option is available in the Export Audio/Video dialog. When enabled, Live will open an upload client after the file has been rendered to disk, so you can upload the rendered file directly to your SoundCloud account.

Wasn't in the beta.. no idea where you saw it was.. so uh..
yeah i'm sorry but i was under the impression that a 8.3 beta 3 was the 3rd test version and continuation of 8.3, my bad. i guess i suck at math.

cotdagoo

Post by cotdagoo » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:13 pm

Yeah, I guess so.. the last beta of 8.3 was 8.3b5 too, so you missed out on a couple releases before 8.3

friend_kami

Post by friend_kami » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:35 am

beta 5, beta 3, does it make a difference?
have you seen the release logs for the betas?
"we did one thing, but here's a log and a new release anyways".

besides i had the latest beta, according to live itself, whether it's 5, 3 or whatever. i don't really count the beta's any more heh.. just checked. so why do they withdraw RTM features from a beta, if the beta is a continuation of the RTM? unless 8.3 is in fact 8.3.6 or higher? is it?
i know ableton has some wierdass release schedules and whatnots suddenly jumping a whole integer just like that, including points, but what's the deal with missing rtm features in beta versions then? i thought the idea behind a beta was to test new features, not exclude them? O.o

anyhoo, i've got the latest stable now, so i guess i'm gonna try and break it and send some bug reports. so far it's been some what stable, although i fear for tomorrow when i'm supposed to do sound design and syncing up to video.

cotdagoo

Post by cotdagoo » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:04 pm

Doesn't really make a difference.. you're right. But I'm going to hazard to guess you didn't hear about this Soundcloud feature until 8.3 got released.. so why you would expect it to be in the beta 2 revisions prior I've got no clue.

You went to enough trouble to search the FAQ but not bother looking at the 1 liner changelogs.. We both know they aren't much to read ;)

Perhaps it was something easy enough and painless enough to implement that testing didn't seem to be needed.. who knows. Maybe they had a deadline for 8.3 due to the partnership and only finished the code in time to fit it into 8.3.. Lots of questions that will never be answered, because they don't matter in the big picture.. We got a new feature.

I only replied because of the 'so uh.' part in the title and mannerism of your complaint made me laugh. Good luck with the sound design and syncing a/v.

friend_kami

Post by friend_kami » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:35 am

cotdagoo wrote:Doesn't really make a difference.. you're right. But I'm going to hazard to guess you didn't hear about this Soundcloud feature until 8.3 got released.. so why you would expect it to be in the beta 2 revisions prior I've got no clue.

You went to enough trouble to search the FAQ but not bother looking at the 1 liner changelogs.. We both know they aren't much to read ;)

Perhaps it was something easy enough and painless enough to implement that testing didn't seem to be needed.. who knows. Maybe they had a deadline for 8.3 due to the partnership and only finished the code in time to fit it into 8.3.. Lots of questions that will never be answered, because they don't matter in the big picture.. We got a new feature.

I only replied because of the 'so uh.' part in the title and mannerism of your complaint made me laugh. Good luck with the sound design and syncing a/v.
i upgraded straight from live after i saw a new version out, and got redirected to the download page and got the latest 8.3 beta.
i've always thought that the latest beta is a continuation of the point release, not the other way around.

ie: live 8.3 stable. -> live 8.3.x beta -> live 8.4

that's how it usually works anyways O.o

Good luck with the sound design and syncing a/v.
yeah hah. i've actually decided that it will take less time to learn another daw and work with that instead of trying to hassle it out with live. i'll still use live for instrument design etc i guess, and some stuff like processing, but yeah.
i'm pretty much done with it. the ep i'm working on will be the last big project with live.