All times are UTC

Post subject: Live starts in "Lite" Mode. But I have the full program
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:54 pm 

Hi,

Im not sure what is happening here, but after trying to download the recent update my Live program now starts in a "Lite" mode. I bought the program with a midi controller a few years ago and have since updated to the full version.... but now all I am getting is the old "Lite" version when I start up Live.

I am going back n forth with tech support and still trying to find a solution.

Any advice/tips?

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Live starts in "Lite" Mode. But I have the full program
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 7:54 pm 

Still no help/solution. After speaking to 3 different reps via email... still no help on this.

I hear from Ableton once a day.. and wait for a response on the next day.,... today no response so far... going on a week now... I should be able to use the full program since I have paid for it. Apparently my serial number is "invalid" and my only option is to download an "M-Audio Lite" version of the program via the downloads page. This wasn't the case a few months ago. I remember see'ing the full version up on my downloads page. I have no idea where this "Lite" version came from. If I am doing something wrong please enlighten me Ableton ( or anyone at this point).

Since Live is/was buggy as hell for me and my set-up, I have now switched to a different DAW (and I am much happier to have done so) ... its not worth the frustration anymore. I do hope to hear from them soon... with a solution to my problem... being that I have paid for their (full) product.

Post subject: Re: Live starts in "Lite" Mode. But I have the full program
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 6:18 am 

have you done a search for "live*.exe" (or the mac equivilent for the mac) on your machine? You could have multiple installations and you keep launching the lite version.