Live 8.3 crash problems with Izotope Ozone 5

phillabeatz

Live 8.3 crash problems with Izotope Ozone 5

Post by phillabeatz » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:56 am

So i recently upgraded from the demo versions of live 8.3 and izotope ozone 5 to the full versions. All my sessions seem to be working just fine, except for one (which just so happens to be the most important... go figure). Every time i try to open this session live crashes and a window pops up and says "a serious error has occured and live will shut down after this box is closed". Within the session window it also says that the crash is related to ozone 5. Whats odd is that all of my other sessions are working just fine and there seem to be no problems with ozone. Any help would be greatly appreciated! cheers

[mal]

Re: Live 8.3 crash problems with Izotope Ozone 5

Post by [mal] » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:31 pm

To find out if Ozone is the plugin that brings your project to crash, please do following:

- Remove the plugin from folders (both AU and VST if you are running OSX)
- Start live, load the project and remove the (not found) plugin instances of Ozone
- Save the project under a different file name and close ableton.
- Add the plugin to the plugin folder again.
- Start Live and load the project.

Does this work?

Which version of Ozone do you own, the normal Ozone 5 or the Ozone 5 advanced?.

mintblue

Post by mintblue » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:43 pm

Hi there! Having the same problem. Ozone maxes out Ableton's RAM everytime I load up a specific project. This is becoming a serious concern, I may have to drop the entire suite which I just paid $1000 for :(

Ableton actually identifies it half the time as an Ozone plug-in that caused the crash. I own the Advanced version and I think that may be part of the issue :\

[fbr]

Post by [fbr] » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:05 am

Hi there,

this is apparently not a problem to do with Izotope, but to do with the amount of RAM it uses.

For solutions to the problem, follow the steps on this page:
https://www.ableton.com/de/articles/how ... of-memory/

Cheers,
Freddie