selling Ableton live 10 suite full $420

Looking to sell or buy gear or software? Post about it here.
Please read the License FAQ before buying or selling a Live License: http://www.ableton.com/pages/faq/license
McAnix

Re: selling Ableton live 10 suite full $420

Post by McAnix » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:21 am

https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/artic ... py-of-Live

Okay I see from this link that the seller might have claimed that you defrauded him, in that case I think you have every right to claim that you didn't defraud him.

BURN-ADDiCT

Post by BURN-ADDiCT » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:38 am

this really makes it hard to trust forum users.

does anyone know how PayPal contributes to resolving these cases?
"working jobs we hate to pay for sh*t we don't need" - Tyler Durden

Kyle Andrew

Post by Kyle Andrew » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:57 am

McAnix wrote:I don't understand something, I have done 2 license transfers and I was told by Ableton that once the license is transferred it is done, only the new license holder can transfer it back.
That sure would be nice, but unfortunately no that's not how it works. Ableton will reach into your account, take the license, and give it back to the original owner if the original owner requests it. All they have to do is contact Ableton and claim fraud, and you can kiss your license goodbye. This is literally what happened to me.

Kyle Andrew

Post by Kyle Andrew » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:58 am

BURN-ADDiCT wrote:this really makes it hard to trust forum users.
Sure does.

As for paypal, you have to create a case and they investigate it. It's time consuming, but I have facts and paper trail on my side so it should be just a formality at this point.

McAnix

Post by McAnix » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:12 am

Kyle Andrew wrote:
McAnix wrote:I don't understand something, I have done 2 license transfers and I was told by Ableton that once the license is transferred it is done, only the new license holder can transfer it back.
That sure would be nice, but unfortunately no that's not how it works. Ableton will reach into your account, take the license, and give it back to the original owner if the original owner requests it. All they have to do is contact Ableton and claim fraud, and you can kiss your license goodbye. This is literally what happened to me.
Dang it that sucks!

I have had good experience with paypal repaying me in the past for goods not delivered so hopefully you get sorted.

Kyle Andrew

Post by Kyle Andrew » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:32 am

McAnix wrote:
Kyle Andrew wrote:
Dang it that sucks!

I have had good experience with paypal repaying me in the past for goods not delivered so hopefully you get sorted.
Thanks. I'm not terribly worried about it. At the end of the day, $450 isn't going to make or break me and this is exactly why I use paypal for things like this. I'm going to pay the piper and download a new copy of Live like I should have from the beginning.

krepssound

Post by krepssound » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:52 pm

Thanks for letting know from scam.

If you got the license first and pay later, would it have worked?
Or ableton could still return the license to old owner?

Kyle Andrew

Post by Kyle Andrew » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:59 pm

krepssound wrote:Thanks for letting know from scam.

If you got the license first and pay later, would it have worked?
Or ableton could still return the license to old owner?
Ableton will return the license to the original owner. I was in contact with Ableton to determine dates of license transfer, and from what I gathered they will return it to the original owner at any point in time if the original owner asks for it back. Ableton does not ask for any proof of non-payment, they just assume that the original owner is being truthful and take it away from the purchaser.

If you read through the FAQ section of Ableton and read the tea leaves, they are basically strongly recommending that you buy new. There are way too many ways for the transaction to fall through. Obviously my example is probably atypical, but it can happen which is why I posted this. After experiencing this, the only way I would buy a DAW or plugin second-hand would be to buy it from someone I know on a personal level. That's obviously a personal opinion, and I don't want to stifle the used software market. I am posting this to make sure everyone is aware of what can possibly happen.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:00 am

Kyle Andrew wrote:
BURN-ADDiCT wrote:this really makes it hard to trust forum users.
Sure does.
the seller still only has 6 posts.

fixed;
this really makes it hard to trust brand new forum accounts

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:10 am

Hey there,

We're not monitoring every single thread. So, it would be very helpful when seeing this (hopefully not) to let [erm] or me know about what's happening so we can have a look and get rid of such nasty user account if it prove to be what it looks like.
Ableton Forum Moderator