For Sale Live 9 Suite - What is it worth?

Looking to sell or buy gear or software? Post about it here.
Please read the License FAQ before buying or selling a Live License: http://www.ableton.com/pages/faq/license
LemonEar

For Sale Live 9 Suite - What is it worth?

Post by LemonEar » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:39 am

I'm buying a Push and the seller is including their Live Suite license, so I will end up with an extra license. What is a good asking price for a Live 9 Suite license?

BURN-ADDiCT

Re: For Sale Live 9 Suite - What is it worth?

Post by BURN-ADDiCT » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:54 am

LemonEar wrote:What is a good asking price for a Live 9 Suite license?
To be honest, a good asking price is usually a loss for the seller... that said, there's been a trend of people selling L9 Suite for prices between $200-$250 on KVR lately.

There are still a few selling it for over $350 but most of them bundle it with other things (especially nice M4L plugins).
The Edu version L9 Suite has been going between $150 and $200.

There are sellers who take advantage of the fact that some buyers might be first time users of Live, as such, they wouldn't know what comes with the license and what needs buying...... so they would mention things like "price is $299 because you get Max4Live, Ochestral Mallets, Loopmasters Samplification, and many more sound packs and M4L decives". They'd also include links to the Ableton web pages of these products just so the potential buyers can check them out and see the prices. This doesn't usually work, but there is a handful of successful sales that went down this road.

So, imho, you should figure out the minimum amount you're willing to accept, and sell for that in a non-negotiable post... that's just my 2 cents.
"working jobs we hate to pay for sh*t we don't need" - Tyler Durden

LemonEar

Re: For Sale Live 9 Suite - What is it worth?

Post by LemonEar » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:07 pm

Great. Thank you for the input!