Vanishing VST 64bit

Commander Cool

Vanishing VST 64bit

Post by Commander Cool » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:40 am

Ozone 5.02 showed up initially after installing the Beta, when the installer gave me the option of running Live Beta. All I did was change Live's VST folder in preferences and it was there. Then after closing Live, moving all my 64bit plugins into one folder, and restarting Live, I saw the message "Scanning VST Plugins: ... Ozone 5" but Ozone does not appear in the plugin browser. I have re-installed Ozone, alt+refreshed, changed VST custom folder and changed back, moved the folder with my VST Plugins from Program Files to a user specific My Documents folder... all of my other plugins appear and function without a problem. I am running Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, Intel i7 Extreme 6x 3.33ghz processor, 12GB of RAM, using Asio4All driver for my Tascam US-1641 interface.

Plugins that do work:
Native Instruments:
Komplete 7 and Komplete 8 Ultimate
Focusrite Midnight and Scarlett suites
Arturia:
Spark
Prophet V2
Moog Modular V2
MinimoogV
Jupiter-8V2
CS-80V2
ARP 2600
Oberheim SEM V
Wurlitzer V

All of the FX only and multiple output versions of the above plugins also work.

Kvesti

Re: Vanishing VST 64bit

Post by Kvesti » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:41 pm

I made short test today on my Windows 7 home premium. Beta doesn't find none of my iZotope plugins (Iris, Ozone, Nectar and Alloy). It found my Native Instruments plugins and Pianoteq. Pianoteq stage 4.1 works. Didn't test NI plugins.

Commander Cool

Post by Commander Cool » Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:26 am

I noticed today that there is a thread right next to this one titled Ozone... Looked and couldn't find it yesterday. The author mentioned that his Ozone licence is an NFR license, and I thought that might be worth noting that my Ozone 5 licence is also an NFR licence. Mine however is not using an ilok, but was authorized online.

Commander Cool

Post by Commander Cool » Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:53 am

Selecting Ableton beta to open the plugin .dll file does not work either, Ableton does not show Ozone 5 in the plugin browser when running in 64 bit. The 32 bit version runs just fine.

[mal]

Post by [mal] » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:10 pm

Please post plugin issues here :

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=182175

[mal]

Post by [mal] » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:50 am

Hi,

Please note that the 64 bit version of the Ozone will require online serial authorization, whereas the 32 bit version requires Ilok activation.
We have also seen a problem of Ozone 5 advanced will not show up after a rescan. We are still looking for accurate information that will help us onwards in tracking these issues, so please add a thread pr problem you see on this forum. I am locking this thread to keep overview.

Best,
Mads