Live didn't ask to recover live set..Can I still recover it?

Veisz

Live didn't ask to recover live set..Can I still recover it?

Post by Veisz » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:19 am

Hello, I went to Save As a new live set I made in the new 8.4 beta and just before I hit enter to save, it crashed. Upon reopening live it didn't ask to recover the set. I'm wondering if live might have saved the crashed file somewhere that, and I still might be able to recover it. I feel like I've done that before in other versions, I just can't remember where that location was.

Thanks for any replies! It was a pretty hot set for only an hour of work...

Forge.

Re: Live didn't ask to recover live set..Can I still recover it?

Post by Forge. » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:29 am

yes you can, but unfortunately I can't remember where you'll find the file! lol sorry - but before you do too much more and risk losing the undo file (which I think is what you will be looking for), email Ableton support in case no-one else here remembers either.

If you're really urgent, phone support in Berlin or NY - they should be able to tell you more quickly.

But as I said, do it before you do too much more.

I could be talking out of my arse, but I have a vague recollection of doing that several years ago by finding where Live keeps the undo files or backup files. I haven't needed to do it in years though.

Veisz

Post by Veisz » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:22 am

Damnit, there's nothing in the crash folder in library/preferences/ableton/live 8.41b

Bernd

Post by Bernd » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:55 pm

Hi,

I don't think you can recover at that state. But perhaps I am wrong and support knows a way I am not aware of.

In any case I will lock this thread now to make it easier for us to keep track of the open issues.

Regards, Bernd.
Bernd Roggendorf
roggendorf@ableton.com