Post AU/VST plugin issues here!

[mal]

Re: Post AU/VST plugin issues here!

Post by [mal] » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:03 am

Hi neuroJazz,

Please send in a bugreport to beta@ableton.com and note the omnisphere version.
Please attach screenshots or screencapture to illustrate the problem

Best
Mads

Shesh

Post by Shesh » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:12 am

Elysia Niveau Filter causes a crash every time I insert the plug in. AU, will confirm VST.

Using 8.4.b7 on OS X 10.8.2

[mal]

Post by [mal] » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:13 am

Hi Shesh,

Please send the crashreport to beta@ableton.com.

best,
Mads

dtm

Post by dtm » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:46 pm

Update -
For the first time in well, what seems like forever.. ABLETON WORKS FLAWLESSLY :-D
I know that others may not be so lucky, but I feel after all the negative stuff I have voiced my opinion on in the past I should be fair, and post on here when I think they've done something right.

After installing jbridge, all my 32 bit and 64 bit plugins are working fine. Now Live is able to make use of all 16Gb of my ram I am impressed with the results. I have spent the last week loading up sets with ridiculous amounts of samples, effects, and 32 bit loops, in configurations I would never need in a real live set or track session. The team at Ableton deserve a pat on the back for the new 64 bit implementation. Since it's only a beta version, even more so since (for me) it appears they got it covered right first time ;-)

I haven't been this happy with Live in ages. Unbelievably stable at the moment. Rock solid. I'm playing a gig next week and I'm willing to take the risk and use 8.4b8 for this one (I'd actually trust it over every previous Live 8 version)
Seriously guys, well done. I just hope whatever it is you've done is carried over to Live 9 when you release it.
:-D

Cheers,
DTM
Lenovo W510 (touch i7 920xm 16GB 1333MHz Ram,2xSSD),RME FF800,Edirol 8x8 midi,Doepfer MAQ16/3,TLA Fat1,Korg KP2,Pioneer FX1000,Allen&Heath 14:4:2,Manifold Labs Plugzilla,Poly Evolver,Machinedrum,TB303,TR909,MPC3000.. and no free TIME to USE IT >:(

[mal]

Post by [mal] » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:47 am

Thank you for taking the time out to write this dtm!, truely good news that no bugs surfaced so far.
Good luck with your gig!

Best,
Mads

rinkybink

Post by rinkybink » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:42 pm

Using Sir2 convolution reverb, the scroll bar on the right that scrolls through the IR's disappears if I try to scroll with a track pad. If I grab the scroll bar, it will work. But, once I got to the track pad to scroll again, it disappears. I can close the plugin window and reopen it, and it resets itself. This is with AU or VST. It works properly in 32 bit Live and Garageband.

Live 8.4b8
Mac OS 10.7.5
Sir2 - 2.4.011j

[mal]

Post by [mal] » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:48 pm

Hi,

I can reproduce this error with Sir2, and since there are other plugins with working scrollbars using the trackpad I am proned to think its a plugin specific issue.

Best,
Mads

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:03 pm

The new VST version of NI Transient Master causes a crash in Live when you delete it from a track. IT doesn't happen in 32bit mode. This is the new standalone (non guitar-rig version) of the plug-in. I'm on OSX 10.8.
Professional Shark Jumper.

Shesh

Post by Shesh » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:57 pm

glitchrock-buddha wrote:The new VST version of NI Transient Master causes a crash in Live when you delete it from a track. IT doesn't happen in 32bit mode. This is the new standalone (non guitar-rig version) of the plug-in. I'm on OSX 10.8.
Probably best to email NI.

I just had Ohmforce get back to me with a fix for Ohmicide (AU) which had the same problem.

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:03 pm

Yes I've reported it there too.

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:08 am

NI has said that Ableton Live 64bit is in beta so I should get back to them when it goes official.

This problem of crashing when transient master is deleted does'n t happen in Live 32bit though. And it also doesn't happen in other 64bit VST hosts. So maybe Ableton can look into it.

[mal]

Post by [mal] » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:05 pm

glitchrock-buddha wrote:The new VST version of NI Transient Master causes a crash in Live when you delete it from a track. IT doesn't happen in 32bit mode. This is the new standalone (non guitar-rig version) of the plug-in. I'm on OSX 10.8.

Hi,

Please send in the crash report to beta@ableton.com and cc crashes@ableton.com . Please state [mal] prompted this crashreport. I want to investigate if this is already fixed for the next beta.

Best,
Mads

Q.A.

Post by Q.A. » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:56 pm

I just recently purchased the Ms Pinky VST and control vinyl package
but the VST won't show up in Ableton Live, no matter what I do.
I have rescanned many times with no luck.

My OS is Mac OS X 10.8.2 (Mountain Lion)
My Live version is Live 8.3.4
I copied my PinkyVST.vst file to:
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST (Macintosh HD Library)
-AND-
~/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST (User Library)

?I am not keeping my plug-ins in any unconventional location. They are all in the default location.
?It is claimed to be Mac compatible. It is claimed to be Universal Binary.
?I try to use Audio Units whenever possible, but this developer only provides a VST.
?My other plugins all have AU versions as well, and they work fine. This is the first time I am required to use VST exclusively.
?If I double-click the .vst it it will launch Maxi-Patch_AO.app, but that doesn't help me at all for using inside of Live.

My hardware specs are:
27-inch iMac (1st Gen, late 2009)
2.8GHz Intel Core i7 (4-core)
8GB RAM 1067 MHz DDR3
1TB HDD Storage
Full specs here: http://support.apple.com/kb/SP576

- - - - - - - - - - EDIT: RESOLVED - - - - - - - - - -
Turns out what I had to do to fix this is create a custom VST folder in a new location and point Live to it.
Strange that Live ignored it when it was in the default VST folder, but this workaround will do just fine.

worshippastor

Post by worshippastor » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:30 am

Hi everyone. I am new to Ableton and I can't seem to get ANY VST to work in Ableton Live 9. I have version 9.0.4, 32 bit installed on my computer. I have a Windows 7 x64 bit operating system, 4GB RAM, Processor is a Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU, T9300 @ 2.50GHz, 2501 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s). I have installed all my VSTs into a custom folder, and this folder is activated in Ableton preferences. No matter how many times I rescan, or hit ALT and rescan, no VSTs will show up. I've also tried deleting my preferences.cfg and then re-installing VSTs, still no luck. The only thing I can see in the VSTs folder within Ableton is the folders of each VST installed, and the .iso files from the Native Instruments Komplete 8 players installation. If I click on the folders within the VST folders, it shows me nothing. I can see the .dll files in the folder if I use Windows Explorer.

I have tried installing the following VSTs:
Native Instruments Komplete 8 Players
Native Instruments Mikro Prism
Hades XT
MiniMogue VA
Tyrell N6
Classic Tone Bundle

Also, all VSTs to my knowledge are 32 bit, PC based.

Could someone please help me?
Thanks!

prestondj

Post by prestondj » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:31 pm

We need to know which error you see.

crashes on loading up ableton 8.4 (installed 64 bit) , when it gets to loading midi preferences early

We need to know which operating system you are using.

Windows 10

We need to know which version of the plugin you are using.

Sylenth , installed both 32 and 64 tried just installing 64 to see if that helps, it informed that 32 was already on my system. Upon trying uninstalling sylenth all together and trying again

Following error message displayed : "setup has detected sylenth1 is still active on this computer. Please make sure you deactivate sylenth1 first. to do so start sylenth1 and click menu > Deactivate"

Its really wierd as well cause it worked let me install on ableton when i ran a refresh when i click folders in prefences and that and now.... it wont open!