I was able to duplicate this (Mac Pro, 10.6.8.)Torley wrote:Michael Norris Soundmagic Spectral AU plugins seem to always eventually crash, despite them being compatible in other 64-bit hosts and not crashing for me in 32-bit Live. Here's my repro:
* Start a blank new project with no other plugins.
* Insert a Michael Norris plugin, like Spectral DroneMaker, on a track.
* To speed the process up, duplicate the track so you have 4x instances of Spectral DroneMaker.
* Record some MIDI on a track (doesn't have to have an instrument).
If it hasn't crashed yet:
* Freeze and flatten the track (with the "silent" MIDI data).
* Repeat the steps of duplicating instances of Spectral Dronemaker.
I've already emailed "Ableton Crash Report 2012-08-01 054037 Live 8.4b3.alp.zip" to crashes@
Live crashes while stopping the main transport after recording MIDI as described by Torley.
Emailed the crash report.