64-bit Live + JBridgeM = loads of crashes

Fanu

64-bit Live + JBridgeM = loads of crashes

Post by Fanu » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:43 am

I've been playing around with an old live set of mine using 64-bit Live, the very first beta.
Live's always worked fine for me.
Now, crashes are happening.

Also, to be more specific about the crash: the crash makes my whole OS X crash, not just Live, and I have to do a reset holding down the power button every time that happens...so everything goes when it happens.

All that's new is:
-64-bit Live
-JBridgeM

So it has to be either of them.
Also, the set that crashes is running only one type of bridged plugin: Apulsoft Apqualizr.
There are several instances of it.

Also, on a related note:
I've noticed that if I kill Live from Activity Monitor while auxhost is running, that crashes my computer, too (but if I kill Auxhost first, then Live, it's ok).
So you might think – because I get a total system crash just like when I terminate Live before killing Auxhost – that maybe it is Live that crashes, and not JBridgeM?

EDIT: I just noticed there's a new beta update of Live again, and I installed that, loaded up a large live set twice, killed the process from system activity monitor – and it didn't crash the whole system anymore.
Hmmm...who knows, maybe the "crash-causing thing" is gone with this update.
Will keep you updated if the crashes still occur!

[mal]

Re: 64-bit Live + JBridgeM = loads of crashes

Post by [mal] » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:50 am

Hi Fanu,

Please keep us posted on this, since its a quite critical what you are experiencing here.
Any information that would help us onwards in tracking this would be highly appreciated.

best,
Mads

Fanu

Post by Fanu » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:03 am

Yeah, I will.

As I added above:
I installed the new beta version (the second release), loaded up a large live set four times, killed the process from system activity monitor – and it didn't crash the whole system anymore.
Hmmm...who knows, maybe the "crash-causing thing" is gone with this update.
Will keep you updated if the crashes still occur.

[mal]

Post by [mal] » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:59 am

Hi Fanu,

To keep overview of open problems in threads I will lock this one. Please add a new thread if the problem re-appears and if you have additional data that will help us analyze and fix the problem.

Best,
Mads