8.4b2 Reoccurrence of old 'Plug-in cannot be found' Bug

taoyoyo

8.4b2 Reoccurrence of old 'Plug-in cannot be found' Bug

Post by taoyoyo » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:45 pm

Loading up my test project and I just got this error message:

This is a familiar sight as I've had this box pop up many times before in previous versions of Live (on this and different computers) but not recently and not with these betas. Been through support and an answer/solution was never really found.

The plug-ins in question are always active and work fine in the session after hitting 'okay'.

Different plugins show up as 'not found' when loading up different sets. Sometimes it's a few, sometimes it's everything contained in the session. They all work fine, it's just an annoyance.

(I'm wondering if this is the same thing that some other people have been reporting with regards to plugins not showing up?)
http://taoyoyo.com

Late 2011 15" Macbook Pro | 10.8.4 | RME Babyface

[mal]

Re: 8.4b2 Reoccurrence of old 'Plug-in cannot be found' Bug

Post by [mal] » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:03 am

Hi Tayoyo,

Is this specific to the Slate plugins or do you see it with all plugins?.
Could you please list plugin versions?

Best,
Mads

taoyoyo

Post by taoyoyo » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:10 pm

Hi Mads,

This issue is not plug-in specific (hence giving it it's own thread).

It totally depends on the plug-ins contained within the project as to which show up in the message as 'not found'. Sometimes it has been every single third party-plugin, sometimes a couple. The end result is always that these 'not found' plugins are loaded up fine in the project.

It is also not 100% reproducable... I loaded up the same two projects just now and did not get the error message.

I reported this a while back (Case: ableton468020) and could never quite get to the bottom of it.

I even changed computers (this new one had Live and all the plugins installed from scratch) so I wonder if it might be somehow connected with the actual files rather than a computer setup issue? It's weird though as I hadn't experienced the bug for a good couple of versions of Live.

Cheers,

Alan
http://taoyoyo.com

Late 2011 15" Macbook Pro | 10.8.4 | RME Babyface

[mal]

Post by [mal] » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:53 am

Hi Alan,

I see the support entries for versions dating back to version 8.2.1.
The assumption - and emphasis on assumption - is that it happens when mixing VST and AU's in the same set. This problem is already in the backlog and hopefully will be found and fixed. I am locking this thread since it is known and not specific for the 8.4 beta. Should you come across pointers that would help make this problem reproduced, dont hesitate to write me directly or support@ableton.com

Best,
Mads