Giant list of VSTs that don't show up for me

cotdagoo

Re: Giant list of VSTs that don't show up for me

Post by cotdagoo » Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:16 pm

cuttingzinc wrote:Okay, I finally got the 64-bit version.

I've scanned, rescanned, re-booted, tried custom folder, etc. and these are the VSTs that still don't show up.

Acustica - Acquavox
SoundToys - All bundled plugins
iZotope - Vinyl
Kush UBK-1
PSP sQuad - other psp's do show up
Stillwell CMX
Valhalla FreqEcho & Shimmer (ValhallaRoom does show up)
u-He Diva
Harmony Improvisator
Korg M1
GForce Minimonsta
Sylenth1
ReFX Vanguard
Auto-Tune EVO
Waves - Gold Bundle (known)

Yikes.
Diva works fine, and Sylenth1 as well.. make sure you're using the latest versions. Dunno about the rest.. but again.. newest 64bit versions of the plugins are installed?

taoyoyo

Post by taoyoyo » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:54 am

cuttingzinc wrote:Diva works as AU, but doesn't show up as VST.

Sylenth1 will not show up as VST or AU.

I'm on a mac 10.7.4 by the way.
Diva isn't available as a 64bit VST. (64bit VST3 will be coming soon).

(I don't think Sylenth1 is available as 64bit... though I could be wrong there?)

Also from the original list Soundtoys and the two Valhalla DSP plugs you mention aren't 64bit in VST format (Soundtoys is not available as 64bit AU either).
http://taoyoyo.com

Late 2011 15" Macbook Pro | 10.8.4 | RME Babyface

[mal]

Post by [mal] » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:27 am

Hi Cuttingzinc,

Please add one thread pr plugin problem when you have verified that the plugin is 64 bit compatible and installed, but missing in the 8.4 64 bit beta.
Or when the plugin will appear in the 8.3.3 release but not in the 32 bit version of the 8.4. beta.
This way we can keep overview of open issues for this beta.

best,
Mads

Sean_Clarke

Post by Sean_Clarke » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:02 pm

cuttingzinc wrote:
taoyoyo wrote:
cuttingzinc wrote:Diva works as AU, but doesn't show up as VST.

Sylenth1 will not show up as VST or AU.

I'm on a mac 10.7.4 by the way.
Diva isn't available as a 64bit VST. (64bit VST3 will be coming soon).

(I don't think Sylenth1 is available as 64bit... though I could be wrong there?)

Also from the original list Soundtoys and the two Valhalla DSP plugs you mention aren't 64bit in VST format (Soundtoys is not available as 64bit AU either).
Yea, you're right.

I think a couple others don't offer it either.

Ugh...this is such a pain to figure all this stuff out. This is Ableton's job, not mine. I'm pretty sure I'm going to switch DAWs if there is no bridge for 32-bit plugs.

Calm down- its a Beta- You dont have to get involved, just wait until the release....
The Beta info clearly says that it doesn't run 32 but plugs- it is to test 64 bit plugs, there is absolutely no need to switch from the 32 bit version.....
DAWS: Live 11 Suite + PUSH2, Studio One, Bitwig and Reason all via an X32 desk: Instruments: modular and analogue stuff, guitars, basses and drums.

taoyoyo

Post by taoyoyo » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:30 pm

I'd suggest that it's a waste of development time for Ableton to build an internal bit bridge in Live when the majority of plug-ins have or will be ported to 64bit anyway.

Plus most internal bit bridges I've seen (Logic/Cubase/Reaper) have been unreliable... for now I'd recommend trying the JBridgeM beta or sticking to 32bit.
http://taoyoyo.com

Late 2011 15" Macbook Pro | 10.8.4 | RME Babyface

Sean_Clarke

Post by Sean_Clarke » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:15 pm

cuttingzinc wrote:Yea, I understand. I'm certainly still using the 32-bit release version.

It's just a huge disappointment because everyone has been waiting for ages for a great new update to come out so it would finally catch up with other DAWs, when in reality Ableton hasn't even sorted out a proper 64 bit system.

It's not *just* this that makes me want to switch. It's just the fact that it seems like the company has done next to nothing for a long time.
Actually they have a proper 64 bit system, iys the 32 bit hosting they dont have :wink: I'm actually pretty impressed how stable the 64 bit beta is and even more impressed it was free. If they build a 32 bit bridge, cool- but jbridge is probably as good as you will get- there is so mach variation in VST code that making *everything* work can be a nightmare- IMHO they are doing the right thing, geting the native 64 bit apps working first (remember, if you are on suit that includes all of your suit instruments) before they tackle the minefield that is 32 bit bridging.....Also, (as a M4L owner!) I would like to see them get max working first, as at least there is a solution available for 32 bit plugs if you need them in your 64 bit version (the reality is I currently use 32 bit mainly, 64 bit will be great when released for big sample players - EastWest, Omnisphere etc.)

If you dont have more than 4Gigs of RAM, there is not much point uising the 64 bit version anyway, you gain nothing!
DAWS: Live 11 Suite + PUSH2, Studio One, Bitwig and Reason all via an X32 desk: Instruments: modular and analogue stuff, guitars, basses and drums.

cotdagoo

Post by cotdagoo » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:43 pm

cuttingzinc wrote:If it was a proper 64 bit system then it wouldn't still be in beta, now would it?

I understand what all you guys are saying and that it's a good thing that they are working on this.

I just simply wonder WTF they have been doing since the last release that took so long. I mean compare the new updates from here to Pro Tools...
Sorry, how much did you pay for this update? Nothing? How much is Jbridge? $15..

How badly do you need your 32bit plugins if a 64bit host is ohh so important to you? Is it worth $15 to bridge the plugins that will never be updated by their developers? How much money have you sunk into these plugins already?

edit: Also gonna say, if Jbridge was never a thought before now.. you probably never needed 64bit anyways.

cotdagoo

Post by cotdagoo » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:30 pm

cuttingzinc wrote:So what?

All of that is irrelavent.

The only thing that matters is that there are other companies who are doing a better job for less money than Ableton.

I'm not just waiting on 64 bit, I'm waiting on a hoard of shortcomings to be fixed/added in an update that is taking way too long.
It's only irrelevant if the only thing that matters is your needs and desires..

bon voyage!

cotdagoo

Post by cotdagoo » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:53 pm

cuttingzinc wrote:Because that makes sense...

When I'm considering which product to use with options from multiple businesses, my needs are desires are definitely the only thing that matters.

Not sure what you're getting at...
Just saying Ableton has more than your specific needs in mind when developing their software..

Sean_Clarke

Post by Sean_Clarke » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:58 pm

cuttingzinc wrote:If it was a proper 64 bit system then it wouldn't still be in beta, now would it?

I understand what all you guys are saying and that it's a good thing that they are working on this.

I just simply wonder WTF they have been doing since the last release that took so long. I mean compare the new updates from here to Pro Tools...
Nice example...... There is no 64 bit pro tools, they don't even have a beta.

cotdagoo

Post by cotdagoo » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:59 pm

Like never mind a bunch of the stuff you listed here isn't even available in 64bit format, and you managed to download the 32bit version of 8.4 somehow when trying to get the 64bit installer - are you sure the huge list of shortcomings aren't maybe inflated by your own shortcomings?

Torley

Post by Torley » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:02 pm

A migration checklist of moving to 64-bit would be useful, culled from experiences here. It helps rule out human error amidst all the little details that matter.

For example, I went through my whole plugin list and downloaded fresh updaters. It turns out in some cases, a plugin was updated to 64-bit since the last time I downloaded a new version, but I didn't upgrade at the time due to wanting to maintain system stability. Also making a backup of your old VST folder is a healthy general precaution. And in particular, with Native Instruments, I deleted the standalone apps to save disk space — mistake on my part, since the update installers mostly don't work without them (!).

There are various ways to check if a plugin is 64-bit, but it would be useful if the Ableton 8.4 beta could show "ignored/disabled" plugins that are 32-bit so you don't attribute their absence to another cause. Built into the GUI could be a pointer to check out jBridge as well, so that someone unaware of that wonderful tool isn't stuck at a dead end.
Yes, that Torley. I use Live to do THIS. :)

[mal]

Post by [mal] » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:54 am

Hi all,

To keep focus on problems for the 8.4 beta, please open a thread pr plugin problem.
For open discussions and questions on various plugins please add your comments here:
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=182175

I agree its not easy to see through what is 32 and 64, mostly invisible on the vendor sites so I can only encourage exchanging information in this forum on the topic.

Best,
Mads