BCF2000 not working

ThomasHelzle

BCF2000 not working

Post by ThomasHelzle » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:41 pm

Hey,

just tried to control the new Dark Zebra / Zebra HZ in Ableton Live 8.4b3 with my BCF2000 and realized that the BCF doesn't work, it does nothing at all although the settings are exactly the same as in 8.3.3 32 Bit.

When I switch to the release version of Live, everything works as expected, when I go back to the beta, the output from the BCF2000 seems to not be recognized by Live.

I re-applied the BCF2000 settings in the preferences (switched to something else and back) - no dice.

The midi input LED doesn't flash either when I move sliders, press buttons or turn knobs.

Is this supposed to work or is controller support not implemented yet?

BTW. I'm on Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit. The BCF works in all other software I have...

Cheers,

Tom

ThomasHelzle

Re: BCF2000 not working

Post by ThomasHelzle » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:48 pm

Damn.

Started Live 8.4b3 again, went once more through all three controller fields, set them to none and back to BCF2000 and this time it works.

Sorry for the noise, although I guess it's a bug in itself - the settings aren't applied properly at first, the user has to reset them all by hand.

Cheers,

Tom

(and before you ask I can't repeat the problem, since again it's a one-time event with initialization... ;-) )

[mal]

Re: BCF2000 not working

Post by [mal] » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:05 am

Hi Thomas,

If you experience this again with another computer or a fresh partition please open another thread on this. Unfortunately I could not reproduce your problem but we have seen sporadic reports of controllers not being initialized correctly.
When this occurs, please send a status report (help -> get support) to support@ableton.com
I am going to lock this thread for now.

best,
Mads