J bridge makes Live crash every time

[mal]

Re: J bridge makes Live crash every time

Post by [mal] » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:28 pm

Hi Funken,

If I understand you right, you created Jbridged versions of the 32 bit plugins and deleted the originals plugins after doing that?.

I can reproduce the error, but not the crash.

The wrapped version of the plugin (via Jbridge) will index the original plugin. So when you remove the original plugin the bridge will come up with this error. I am not sure if this is a supported workflow and would not recommend it to be honest.
First and foremost since most plugin installers will look for previous installations and in worst case you would not be able to install the updated version of a plugin if the original is missing.

Best,
Mads

[mal]

Post by [mal] » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:19 am

Hi Kenny,

My guess is, that the reference is broken between original plugin and bridged plugin, because thats how I reproduced the error. By moving the original plugin to a new folder. Simply renaming the plugin folder is enough to bring out this error.
We can see in the crash data what happens on your system, so please send in the crash report to support@ableton.com

best,
Mads

[mal]

Post by [mal] » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:45 am

Hi Funken,

I am locking this thread since we found the source for both the Jbridge error and the crash. Thanks for helping us track it.

best,
Mads