Error opening 8.4.3 -Options file unknown option

timotter9@gmail.com

Error opening 8.4.3 -Options file unknown option

Post by timotter9@gmail.com » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:25 am

On opening Live, every time, I get a small dialog box that states "The options file [Options.txt] contains an unknown option '- ImprovementProgramParticipation' which will be ignored" OK button. I click the OK button, it disappears and all is good.

I saw in the Beta General Info "The Live beta will have ‘Usage data’ enabled by default. This way the Ableton team will be able to collect the information needed to find and fix a problem. This can’t be disabled for the beta version"

Seems related. Searched the forum and Release notes -did not see this in either.

I don't want to turn anything off, except for the error and even that is not a big deal, but thought I would report the bug. OH, and it's really cool that I can use 64bit ReWire Slaves !!!

USING
8.4b3 (2012-07-18_da5ed69ccf)
OSX 10.7.4
2.2 Ghz i7
8GB Ram
MBPro 17" (early 2011)

Thanks,
Tim

[mal]

Re: Error opening 8.4.3 -Options file unknown option

Post by [mal] » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:52 am

Hi Tim,

The error is due to a line in the options.txt that were added in a previous live 8 beta testround.

You can prevent this error, by removing the one line -ImprovementProgramParticipation in the options.txt, or deleting the the options.txt completely. It should be located in your preferences folder.

Best,
Mads

[mal]

Re: Error opening 8.4.3 -Options file unknown option

Post by [mal] » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:56 am

Tim,

Please open another thread on the problem if my described fix didnt work for you.
Closing this thread to keep overview of open problems.

best,
Mads