Hi Mads -
- I'm using OS X (Mountain Lion, 10.
. I've heard that there are issues with Mountain Lion's USB 2 / USB 3 drivers... could this be the case? Although... I do recall trying the MCU over MIDI, but again, it was always running through a device that was USB in the end.
- I can reproduce it with 8.3.3 as well... basically same exact results.
- I've only tried the 64bit 8.4b4, but I'll try out the 32 bit later.
- MME doesn't apply (OS X)?
- I do have "meter" both selected and deselected, and when it is on, it behaves as you would expect (mini track volume meters on the 2nd line of the display). However when it is enabled, whatever is on the 2nd line of the display gets replaced with the "......". For example, if you are looking at Pan information, and you have "meter" disabled, and you start the song, the pan information all disappears and you have all dots.
I actually edited one of the python scripts for Mackie Control so that the MCU is useable for me, and this seems to have fixed it. In ChannelStrip.py I changed:
if self.__signal_led_enabled or self.__meters_enabled:
if self.__signal_led_enabled and self.__meters_enabled:
Basically changing the "or" to "and" makes sure that Live only shows the track level meters when the both the meters are enabled AND the signal led is enabled. I believe the signal led is always enabled, so this always seemed to get triggered (or something).
Thanks for your time! Let me know if I can try anything else for you, and high five, I love Live (looking forward to v9).
Edit: I posted a short video of what I'm experiencing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXLk6PdlEpQ