Error deleting audio files

banned

Error deleting audio files

Post by banned » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:20 pm

When I record audio files in Live, and then discard them, I am unable to delete them from the File Browser > Current Project. Perhaps this is needed to support undo-ing the sequence of events, at least that would make some sense.

However, even after saving the project, quitting Live, relaunching it and loading the project, I am still not able to delete all discarded audio files; Live complains about the file being used in the Project *even when there is not a single instance of an audio file in the entire project*. Also, when manually deleting the file, Live is able to load the project fine, i.e. without complaining about missing audio files. Thus, the inability to remove such an unused audio file (and the associated error message) even after reloading the project seems to be a bug.

infernal.machine

Re: Error deleting audio files

Post by infernal.machine » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:29 pm

Open a new set (or close live), navigate to the project file and delete whatever samples you want. As long as the project isn't open, you can do it.

I go through all my projects once a month or so and just delete all unwanted stuff at once (and sometimes stumble upon things I like and resample them ;) ).

banned

Post by banned » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:49 pm

On closer inspection it looks like Live is simply complaining about files that are placeholders for recording (zero bytes size, no associated .asd files) - they appear and disappear from the File Browser (and Finder) when a track's record arm status is toggled.

[mal]

Post by [mal] » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:07 am

Hi,

It sounds as a databse mismatch.

Please go the OS menu entry "help" and select "Get Support" and send in the status report generated to beta@ableton.com.
Also attach a few of the files you mention if you can "catch" them.

Best,
Mads