Reason 6.5, Rewire, Buffer Problems, 64 bit

millea8

Reason 6.5, Rewire, Buffer Problems, 64 bit

Post by millea8 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:31 pm

Please see video below of issues. Degrading audio quality when adjusting the buffer size. Running Reason 64 bit via Rewire into Ableton 64 bit. Both platforms up to date. The propellerhead site says Rewire is compatible with 64 bit so I am at a loss. Have multiple sessions to complete and a gig next weekend!! HELP! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtRqpOti ... JBlaSSz0bQ

-Andy-

millea8

Re: Reason 6.5, Rewire, Buffer Problems, 64 bit

Post by millea8 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:38 pm

Feel like I should elaborate a bit more after reviewing the video. After opening Live on it's own and putting it through its paces I hear no issues when adjusting the buffer from large to small. When I open my reason session and begin playback of some synths I begin to hear dropouts etc. Adjust the buffer to a larger setting and the dropouts get worse and my audio playback sounds as if the bit rate is getting seriously squashed. Then upon adjusting back to the original buffer size the problem goes away. Hopefully this highlights the problem a bit better.

Also tried switching between my Duet 2 which is up to date and my internal sound card and reproduced the problem via both.

-Currently running a late 2010 Mac Book Pro with 8GB RAM and an i7

cids

Post by cids » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:28 am

Do you have the same issues when running Reason and Ableton in 32-bit...?

Also, doing gigs with beta software seems a bit tricky to me...
Mac Studio M2 Max and MacBook Pro M1

Genelec M030; Live 11.3.x and Live 12; macOS Sonoma

UAD Apollo Twin

Ableton Push 2

millea8

Post by millea8 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:41 pm

Yes it is giving me the same issues in 32bit. Yeah giging with a Beta is not an option that's why I switched back to 32, but when it gave me the same issues I began to sweat a bit. I would hate to have to do a complete re-install of everything, but I'm not sure where to go at this point.

millea8

Post by millea8 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:23 pm

Update: Used Ableton 32 bit and Reason 32 bit this morning and no issues. I disabled wifi, and bluetooth completely. I'm curious to see if anyone is having similar issues with Reason.

[mal]

Post by [mal] » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:11 am

Hi,

Please send a similar detailed description to beta@ableton.com and we will look into it.

I am also curious to know if others have rewire problems of this nature.

Best,
Mads

millea8

Post by millea8 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:54 pm

Attached is a link to another video I shot this morning. In the video I am running the 32 bit versions of Ableton and Reason this time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pw3XhC6 ... ature=plcp

I researched a possible issue that was related to having multiple versions of some Waves bundles installed so I tried that and had no issues afterwords, but the problem has been intermittent so I will keep my eye out going forward.
I had both waves v.7 and v.9 installed so I wiped out v.7 completely. Keep you posted on the results.

[mal]

Post by [mal] » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:14 am

Hi,

Good tip for trouble shooting rewire in the future. - to look out for obsolete versions.

Please keep me posted on any other findins you have using rewire.

Best
Mads

millea8

Post by millea8 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:25 pm

UPDATE:

This past weekend went through and wiped out all of the old versions of my waves stuff and I couldn't open Live anymore, just crashed over and over :( BUMMER!! So I went through and tried a few tricks wiping out all of the extra Novation stuff I had lingering around in my library and nothing, bummer yet again. Did a clean re-install of my OS, downgrading to 10.6.8 and re-installing the latest version of Live (Not the beta) and the latest version of Reason and everything worked perfectly. :) Just in time for my gig this past weekend and everything worked out great. Over the next few days I will be installing the Beta again to see how it works out with OSX and potentially upgrade to the latest version of Mac OS as well if everything runs proper with the beta.

elauten

Post by elauten » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:47 pm

Reason 6.5 Windows 8 doesn't rewire into Ableton. I have done this many times on another computer with Reason 5 and it worked perfectly. Reason 32 bit into Ableton 32 bit.

millea8

Post by millea8 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:59 pm

Update: Live 9 is working perfect, and typically works very well with Re-wiring reason into Ableton, but I am having the same buffer issues once again! When I have Ableton open as a standalone app everything works solid and I can adjust the buffer without any issues. I can drop down to 128 and take it all the way up to 2048 without and playback errors or crackles in the audio etc. When I open Reason to ReWire in, this is when i run into issues.

I can run the session with Reason open no problem as long as I keep the buffer at the same setting as what I originally had it at when I opened the Ableton session. When I start to change things around I begin to get wicked crackles and audio degredation. However, when I go back to the original buffer size, the cracks and pops go away. PLEASE HELP!!!!

I will be upgrading to OSX 10.8 soon to see if this remedies the problem.