8.4b9 doesn't but will L9 allow vst's in Rewire-slave mode?

gwp99

8.4b9 doesn't but will L9 allow vst's in Rewire-slave mode?

Post by gwp99 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:37 pm

I am wondering if this is unique to Live or Rewire-slaves in general. Without the use of vst's, it seems that the use of Rewire is very limited. (In 8.4b9 it is not possible).

[mal]

Re: 8.4b9 doesn't but will L9 allow vst's in Rewire-slave mode?

Post by [mal] » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:12 am

Hi,

Please send in a report to beta@ableton.com describing how it used to work in Live 8 and what applications you are trying to rewire slave to 8.4b9. Rewire should be fully functional so please let us know!.

Best,
Mads

TabSel

Post by TabSel » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:25 am

he surely meant "no VST usage when using Live rewire SLAVED".

I'd like to know wether this is a technical restriction/problem/issue, or by design?

[tow]

Post by [tow] » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:30 pm

Plug-ins have never been supported with Live running as ReWire slave due to a technical limitation: Plug-ins depend on the audio processing of their host (in this case: Live). But in a ReWire combination, the general audio processing is taken over by the ReWire master. So plug-ins can't be processed in Live in this case.

Best,

Torsten

Koshdukai

Post by Koshdukai » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:22 pm

Funny... I'm running right now an evaluation copy of Reaper, hosting various VSTs while ReWired to Live so... technically impossible can't be the proper answer, IMHO.
Feature request: External plugins (AU/VST) enabled while in ReWire-slave mode / VST/AU Hosting in Rewire Slave Mode !

Using: Propellerhead, Ableton, KarmaFX, GForce, Korg, Arturia, Celemony, NI, M-Audio, Novation, Line-6 and some freeware...

jace_(nz)

Post by jace_(nz) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:46 pm

I have tested live rewired with:these are my finds:

1) studio one pro x64 jsut sold this, although before hand i tested it as rewire host, and it has issues with L/R and 1/2 midi in from my studio one the host to ableton, and then audio out to my host studio one, its seems that the naming of these tracks is reversed L/R is being named as 1/2 and vica versa, no matter waht i do to re-assign or change track potision in live the ins/outs the names switch to opposites automatically if you get what i mean, its something to do with L/R will ony be recognised as the the second channel position in live and studio one,and 1/2 as the first, all others are fine, not sure wich daw is at fualt here.

2)Sonar x2 all is fine routing audio and midi via the variouse ways to do this, althouh as usual sonar is so unstable and graphics issue galore in my case, its not worth using.

3)Samplitude Prox Works with rewire live x64 beta spot on,

Not had chnace to use reaper myself yet.

But on the whole Live is working as a 64bit rewire slave, not tested as a host as i dont own reason 6.5 any more.
and as also mentioned Off course third party vst plugins will not operate in any slave Daw,only the native plugins.

elfensunn

Post by elfensunn » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:15 am

Hope to see VSt and MFL working in Rewire slave the next versions. That's a deal breaker for me and will surely buy an Ableton suite if this is implemented.