I have a bunch of 64 bit projects, can't turn back..

SyntheticJuice

I have a bunch of 64 bit projects, can't turn back..

Post by SyntheticJuice » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:23 pm

So, I now have a bunch of 64 bit projects, that when loaded go beyond the 32bit memory limit.. It's pretty easy to do with a few instances of big sampled kontakt instruments like Studio Drummer and Electri6ity.

So i was just thinking, what happens if I need to go back to 32bit Ableton? How would I even open these projects anymore? The only way I could think of doing so, was opening them in 64bit beta, breaking the project into two, and flatten different tracks in one and the other so they won't go beyond the 32 bit memory limit. Anyone else have any ideas?

Also, I hope Live 9 is 64 bit ready, so that I wouldn't have to worry about this. :)

[mal]

Re: I have a bunch of 64 bit projects, can't turn back..

Post by [mal] » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:58 pm

Hi,

You would most likely run into the out of memory crash recalling projects in the 32 bit version.

You could bounce the heavy VST's into wave tracks to keep the project flexible without bouncing it all to collected stems.

Best,
Mads

Neurojazz

Post by Neurojazz » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:06 am

Might it be possible to use JBridge to run the 32 bit plugins in their own memory space? - So fire up a 32bit Ableton and load 32bit plugins that are jbridged - Jbridge might use the extra ram like a separate ram controller? or might it still only address the same memory space?
http://www.cloudkillers.com - Free SoundCloud promotions!

ian_halsall

Post by ian_halsall » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:48 am

SyntheticJuice wrote:So, I now have a bunch of 64 bit projects, that when loaded go beyond the 32bit memory limit.. It's pretty easy to do with a few instances of big sampled kontakt instruments like Studio Drummer and Electri6ity.

So i was just thinking, what happens if I need to go back to 32bit Ableton? How would I even open these projects anymore? The only way I could think of doing so, was opening them in 64bit beta, breaking the project into two, and flatten different tracks in one and the other so they won't go beyond the 32 bit memory limit. Anyone else have any ideas?

Also, I hope Live 9 is 64 bit ready, so that I wouldn't have to worry about this. :)
there is a live 9 64 bit but it doesn't have m4l

m4l bundling is one of the main features of l9 - there's not a huge amount of other stuff in there tbh