I started to experience some pretty strange UI bugs in relatively recent live8 versions. I did not experience these bugs with 8.2.x versions. I added now screenshorts of these problems.
- when I open a new project the right side of arrangement view which is supposed to have channel details is completely gray and empty. This gets fixed when I switch to session view and back to arrangement view, but it is still very annoying.
- when I close the clip view in down part of the UI (to get more space for arrangement view tracks) the arrangement view does not expand downwards, but the clip view area stays empty and gray. I close browser view very often when in full screen mode.
- sometimes when I scroll arrangement view all the way down there is still a few tracks below the lowest track that are not visible. I think usually this also got fixed by session view --> arrangement view but sometimes I think I even needed to restart Live.
- it just happened to mee that when I tried to make browser more narrow to get more space for arrangement view, the arrangement view did not stretch but there just appeared gray space to the right side of it.
- these problems don't happen all the time, they appear to show more or less randomly.
A bit details of my setup, I have Windows7-64bit on Lenovo Thinkpad Edge E530 (i7-3632qm, 8MB RAM, 1600x900 resolution), I almost always work so that I have external monitor connected whose resolution is 1280x800. I use 32-bit Live8 version, which is now 8.4.0 and I still experience this. And btw.. I have logitech setpoint and logitech marathon mouse and scroll-wheel left / right are programmed to 1. Live full-screen, 2. live close clip view.