Crash : AdefaultWinSystemExceptionHandler::handleStageOne

Please join the new beta forum at https://ableton.centercode.com/login.html
[mal]

Re: Crash : AdefaultWinSystemExceptionHandler::handleStageOne

Post by [mal] » Tue May 28, 2013 10:46 am

Hi,

Please keep sending in your crashes to crashes@ableton.com and cc beta@ableton.com.
FYI: The handlestageone message is a generic message, and is not tied to any specific line of code. That is why people see this message with many windows crashes that arent pr se related - i.e with video, using MAX, loading bridged plugins etc.
So its important that the crash you send in is described by you, what did you do to reproduce the crash.

@sporkles - I cant reproduce the crash using video, please make sure that a set + video reaches beta@ableton.com

@ra78 - Remeber the released version will not automatically update to a beta version, so make sure you have a beta version installed prior to that. If Autoupdates are not working for neither beta or released version I recommend doing a clean install using the account page for release builds, and the sticky post here for the beta version:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=193975

Hope this helps.

Best,
Mads

ra78

Re: Crash : AdefaultWinSystemExceptionHandler::handleStageOne

Post by ra78 » Tue May 28, 2013 11:04 am

Thanks a lot for your feedback, Mads.
I got 9.0.5b downloaded, will do a fresh reinstall today.

In my specific case I see that 10 last crashes were initiated by free SampleTank player,
though it worked flawlessly before on my system.

It may quite be true that it started after upgrade from 9.0.2 to 9.0.4

ra
P.S. Marco from techsupport helps me a lot here, I got more problems with VSTi due to Administrator/Folder stuff,
those are solved. The SampleTank/HandleHandler message is the only issue pending. Will post the results after fresh reinstall of 9.0.5b here.