[solved] beta 9.03b3 -Push issue-Always shows 'start live...

Please join the new beta forum at https://ableton.centercode.com/login.html
ezelkow1

[solved] beta 9.03b3 -Push issue-Always shows 'start live...

Post by ezelkow1 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:48 am

I was messing around with some of the python midi scripts for push, seeing if I could get the touch strip to send modwheel data, and it wasnt working so I just erased all the files I modified and put the scripts back to normal. Now with the beta the push always shows 'Ableton push, please start live to play' startup screen. It never recognizes that live was started.

With the non-beta version however it starts up just fine, push recognizes live started and can be used as normal

I even tried overwriting all the push midi remote scripts from the non-beta version, as well as completely uninstalling the beta and re-installing, and this still occurs

ezelkow1

Re: beta 9.03b3 - Push issue - Always shows 'start live to play'

Post by ezelkow1 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:59 am

And managed to get it going again, had to load up the suite, do the dump to have it update it the firmware. After letting it update and then let windows re-install drivers for it, then re-install the beta again, then it started working

For some reason the highlight box has now changed from blue to orange, but its working again

[nis]

Re: beta 9.03b3 - Push issue - Always shows 'start live to play'

Post by [nis] » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:07 pm

The color of the selection frame depends on control surface slot that is used to set up the device. Slot 1 is red, slot 2 is yellow, and so on...

I'll close this thread, as you already managed to resolve it.
Nico Starke
Ableton Product Team