[9.0.4b1] Frequent Crashes when changing sets

Please join the new beta forum at https://ableton.centercode.com/login.html
EnjoyRC

[9.0.4b1] Frequent Crashes when changing sets

Post by EnjoyRC » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:38 pm

I loaded 9.0.4b1 yesterday afternoon. Rehearsed last night with it. I utilize Ableton for live performance setups. Host VSTs, stream audio, etc... So between songs, I'm quickly loading another set. With 9.0.4b1, it crashed around 40% of the time on loading the VST instrument. Predator, Kontakt, Omnisphere, etc... I didn't experience this with 9.0.2.
MacBook Pro (MacOS 13.0.1) i9 Processor, 32gb RAM, 4tb SSD
(STUDIO I/O) MOTU UltraLite mk5 (w/ADA8200), (LIVE I/O) Behringer X Air XR18
Ableton Live Suite 11 (Live performances), Studio One 5 (Studio Stem Creation)

[mal]

Re: [9.0.4b1] Frequent Crashes when changing sets

Post by [mal] » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:17 pm

Hi,

Please send int the crashreports to crashes@ableton.com and please CC beta@ableton.com describing the scenario and attach the set.

For now you can try to exclude the plugins by removing them from the folder to locate the plugin crashing your set.

Best,
Mads

octopuss

Post by octopuss » Tue May 07, 2013 11:03 pm

Hi - I upgraded from ableton suite8 to suite9. Please can you make suite8 available to download for my account again?

Ableton Suite9 does not work properly yet. 9.0.4 is hopelessly un-responsive to clicking on anything.

Thank you

Please can you post when there is a finished/stable version of ableton9 to download?

[mal]

Post by [mal] » Wed May 15, 2013 2:22 pm

Hi Enjoy RC,

We have one crash in que for fixing for the upcoming beta, and you can help us verify this is the crash you are experiencing.

- Can you crash Live loading sets with NO plugins at all
- Can you crash live as you describe when loading sets when the audio engine is off.

If live doesnt crash when recalling with plugins, and if live does not crash when reloading with the engine off, then we have the crash reproduced and fixed for the next beta.

If not - it is a new problem you are describing.

@ Octopuss, please get in touch with support for licensing questions. We are here to find and track bugs for Live 9, and we would be able to adress the problems you see if they are forumalted as a bug report. I.e with steps to reproduce and a description of the system you are using, I would also remind you that beta software is not pr se stabile since it often contains fixes that can have side effects, so I would recommend following the release versions from your account page.

Best,
Mads