Launchpad not recognized & SLOW load times STILL beta 9.04b1

Please join the new beta forum at https://ableton.centercode.com/login.html
foetus666

Launchpad not recognized & SLOW load times STILL beta 9.04b1

Post by foetus666 » Wed May 01, 2013 10:48 am

Dear Ableton,

I have just loaded beta 9.0.4b1. Same issues exist.

I reported my issue upon release: Launchpad not recognized on start up of live 9.all.

This is still not fixed despite your reply via email that it is top priority.

Also. Launch time for my set in live 8 is 12 seconds. Launch time in live 9.02 is 50 seconds. Launch time in this beta 9.04b1 is 35 seconds.
However on first load of the set live 9.0.4b1 has a disc error endless loop drop out.
Closing the set and re-opening the set results in no disc errors.

I am frustrated and sad as I have spent many hours compiling a live set in what is an unfinished piece of software (live 9). Can you please for the love of man jezus just make live 9 work as well as 8 did. When will this happen? Please tell me? Please be 100% honest! i.e. with the new browser will this never be a reality (i.e. snappy performance)

Yes my drive is a 5400rpm (lol) but at least live 8 functions like a snappy creature on it. Intel i7. Motu Microbook. Launchpad. MAudio Oxygen 49. 8gig ram. Win 7 x64 running 64 bit versions of live both 8 and 9.

My apologies if I come off sounding like a frustrated ass but I have been patiently waiting and watching and installing every beta and live 9 is still a dog.

[mal]

Re: Launchpad not recognized & SLOW load times STILL beta 9.04b1

Post by [mal] » Mon May 06, 2013 12:50 pm

Hi,

Please make a thread pr bug you encounter, it makes it easier for us to track.

Send in a status report to beta@ableton.com concerning your launchpad issue. Attach the template and note which operating system you are using.

Please send in a set that shows your drop out problem, same adress: beta@ableton.com

Best,
Mads

foetus666

Post by foetus666 » Wed May 08, 2013 8:17 am

[mal] wrote:Hi,

Please make a thread pr bug you encounter, it makes it easier for us to track.

Send in a status report to beta@ableton.com concerning your launchpad issue. Attach the template and note which operating system you are using.

Please send in a set that shows your drop out problem, same adress: beta@ableton.com

Best,
Mads
Hi Mads I have sent status report to email address as requested. My template set has nothing in it. I will email this through in any case along with my live set that takes 5 times longer to load in live 9 than 8.

On latest 9.0.4 release version the launchpad is still not initialized / recognized on startup.

Load times are still slow in 9 compared to 8.

Edit: Interesting - in the released 9.0.4 my set loads in 18 seconds. BUT only after it has been loaded before. On live 8 the set will always open in 12 seconds. Regardless of whether or not it has been loaded before.

In live 9 on initial opening of the set it takes over a minute.
This is the same with all songs. Once they have opened so slowly they will re-open quick next time.

I am disappointed that Live 9 behaves poorly compared to Live 8. I hope that future updates make the program what it should be and that ableton would consider fixing this bug.

foetus666

Post by foetus666 » Mon May 20, 2013 12:12 am

Case ableton945260

Issue of Launchpad not recognized on startup still exists in 9.0.4.

As per Ableton's Marco's request I uninstalled Launchpad driver. Restarted computer. Installed latest driver. Did the reset of live as requested with no love.

Still have to unplug and replug the LP for it to come to life.

Only happens in Live 9 all versions
Does not happen in Live 8

Win 7 x64. Ableton x64 versions.

dave dominey

Post by dave dominey » Thu May 23, 2013 2:05 pm

Yep +1

[mal]

Post by [mal] » Tue May 28, 2013 10:21 am

Hi all,

There was a fix in 9.0.5 for launchpad artefacts and we also improved startup times for the 9.0.5.
Please have a look and see if this fix will adress the issues reported here .

Best,
Mads

foetus666

Post by foetus666 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:37 am

[mal] wrote:Hi all,

There was a fix in 9.0.5 for launchpad artefacts and we also improved startup times for the 9.0.5.
Please have a look and see if this fix will adress the issues reported here .

Best,
Mads
Still same on latest beta. Made sure to remove all preferences before launching. This is on a fresh install on win 7 x64 too. Must be hardware conflict so will just live with it for now ie unplugging the launchpad and plugging it back in once live is open to get it to recognize.

[mal]

Post by [mal] » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:53 am

Hi,

I am sure we can figure something better out for you instead of constantly replugging / unplugging. I have notified marco that the problem persists. Write me a PM if he does not get back to you.

Cheers
Mads

[mal]

Post by [mal] » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:01 am

Hi,

I understand from talking to support, that the problem was an underpowered external hub.
Please make sure you can reproduce this problem connecting the launchpad directly to the computer with no hub. If you can reproduce with 9.0.5b5, please open a new thread on this.

Best,
Mads