All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: (50641343) flickering in arrange view when moving a clip
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 6:13 pm 

Problem:

The "Clip View" area is flickering/reloading in arrange view when moving a audio/midi clip. I already reported this in the Live 9 beta, but not so detailed. Therefore it could already be in your bug tracker, I don't know. I had to report it again, because it's still present in 9.04 and I find this flickering really annoying when I arrange. :wink:

By the way, it not a problem in Live 8.

Here is a video :
https://vimeo.com/66151209
(note - after 12 seconds you don't see the clip view flickering anymore in the video. It did flicker, but due to the low frame rate some frames are dropped..) )

More detailed:

- it's problem with audio and midi tracks
- create a midi clip or audio clip in arrange view
- make the "Clip View" visible on screen (...because you want edit notes or warp marker...)
- move the clip via drag&drop in the arrange view

-> the "Clip View" area flicker once exactely when you drop the clip again (in other words when release the mouse button)

- the more effects you have on that particular track, the longer the delay until the "Clip View" area is visible again
- an good way to make this behaviour really noticeable is to use a midi track with the "Kit core 909", because it has a lot of effects on it

As always, when anything is not clear, please ask. I would be very thankful for a short feedback if you can reproduce it.

Best regards

Post subject: Re: "Clip View" is flickering in arrange view when moving a clip
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 7:26 pm 

I just want to add some information.

Maybe it's not so obvious when just reproducing this behaviour... that's why I want to point out that the GUI feels a bit sluggish when you drop (see last post) the clip with the mouse. I get a "sand clock" cursor exactly when I drop the clip. The duration from the "sand clock" seems to be more or less the same as the "clip view" is flickering / reloading.

Post subject: Re: "Clip View" is flickering in arrange view when moving a clip
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 10:17 am 

Hi Mr. Ergonomics.

Reproduced, thanks for reporting.

Best,
Mads

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]